- Love to Ride is a website for encouraging more people to cycle more often.
- We will not give your contact details to any third parties other than to our project partners who we are working with on project delivery.
- We aim to communicate with you by email as little as possible and only with relevant or important information.
- You can unsubscribe from Love to Ride emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or changing your email preferences in your settings.
- You are responsible for observing the rules of the road and ensuring that the bicycle you ride is in a roadworthy condition.
- We are not responsible for your safety on a bike and do not accept responsibility for any injury sustained or property damaged in the course of your participation with Love to Ride. You need to take the appropriate steps to ensure you ride safely and happily.
We care about your privacy
We will not give your contact details to any third parties other than to our project partners who we are working with on project delivery. Any communication from our partners to you will be via email from the Love to Ride website.
For our users in the European Union and the United Kingdom, we also have an additional ‘Transparency Notice’ which we’ve put together to make it clear how we are meeting the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You can read the Transparency Notice here.
You must be aged 16 or over to use lovetoride.net
Love to Ride is only for people who are at least 16 years old. We're sorry but it's a legal thing and we're not yet geared up to protect younger folks.
We expect you to play nicely
Love to Ride is a social platform focused on encouraging more people to cycle so it's important that people 'play nicely'. We won't tolerate abusive comments, content or behaviour and reserve the right to remove/edit/respond to content or remove the account of anyone who is not playing nicely with other Love to Ride users or who posts offending, inappropriate, inaccurate or infringing content.
We run online events and competitions
Online events and competitions will be run on the website. In some cases you will automatically be entered into an event if you interact with the website during a particular competition period. This means that you may be entered into any prize draws and by interacting with the site you agree to the terms and conditions of these specific events.
You are responsible for your own content
When you use Love to Ride it's up to you to take responsibility for the content that you add. You need to check that you have the rights to upload any photos or images to the website. We are not responsible for the content that users add on lovetoride.net.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Love to Ride Ltd the organization that provides Love to Ride, or its suppliers, licensors, local partners, project partners, employer partners, clients or supporters be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for i any special, incidental or consequential damages; ii any injury or accident you have; or iii for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Love to Ride Ltd, its contractors, licensors, Local Partners, Project Partners, employer partners, clients and supporters and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of Love to Ride and your use of a bicycle or any experience or incident you have with a bicycle or a cyclist. You cycle at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that the bicycles you ride are in a roadworthy condition. You are responsible for observing the rules of the road and cycling in a safe and careful manner. We care about you, so please take care of yourself.
User Agreement Changes
Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell any part of lovetoride.net is very naughty and strictly prohibited.
All content and materials available on lovetoride.net, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of lovetoride.net, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by lovetoride.net.
Termination of Use
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of loveotride.net and its resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
Love to Ride is controlled by Love to Ride Ltd from our offices located in Bristol, UK. It can be accessed by most countries around the world. As each country has laws that may differ from those of the United Kingdom, by accessing our website, you agree that the statutes and laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
Furthermore, any action to enforce this User Agreement shall be brought in the Courts of the United Kingdom. You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
We will automatically put you into the drawing for prizes when you do activities on the site that result in you being eligible to win. For example, when you register, record rides, and encourage others.
Love to Ride and its project partners are not liable in any way for any damages, expenses, misinformation, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with any prizes offered. It cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered as a result of accepting or experiencing any prize.
Love to Ride are not responsible for any element of any donated, gifted or funded holidays that are awarded as a prize, including bookings, travel, insurance, or any personal loss or injury or any losses or injuries resulting from activity undertaken at any time travelling to or from or during the excursion.
Terms and Conditions - Atlanta Bike Challenge
- The Atlanta Bike Challenge runs from Monday, October 1 until Thursday, October 31 ('the Challenge period'). It is open to people aged 16 or over who are employed or live in Atlanta.
- Registration is free via the Atlanta Bike Challenge website or the paper Registration Form.
- We recommend that approval is sought from management prior to an organization registering into the Challenge.
- An organization is defined as a body that employs people where people gather for a shared purpose, i.e. not a club or group of friends.
- Upon registration, an organization or department is classified as a team according to the number of staff employed by the registered organization or department. There are seven team size categories: 2000+ staff, 500-1999 staff, 200-499 staff, 50-199 staff, 20-49 staff, 7-19 staff and 3-6 staff.
- Organizations and departments with 1 or 2 employees can't register into the Challenge. Team members are eligible to win individual prizes, but they are not eligible to win a team prize/award. This is also true for individuals who register but do not assign themselves to an organization.
- Bike shops are welcome to join the Challenge but are not eligible to win a team prize/award.
- Once a team is registered, individuals from that organization or department may register their individual participation into that team.
- Individuals can only register once on the site.
- If a team's size changes to more than or less than the team's original size category, it will automatically be moved into the appropriate size category.
- Individual and team registrations can continue throughout the duration of the Challenge period. The closing date for registrations and for recording any outstanding trips from the Challenge period s 24 hours after the end of the Challenge.
- A valid cycle trip is defined as a participant cycling for a minimum of 10 minutes or 1 mile on a pedal bicycle. Valid cycle trips do not include the use of motorcycles, scooters or stationary cycles. Cycle trips made via electric bikes are valid for the Challenge.
- Cycle trips must occur within the Challenge period to contribute to the team's results in the Challenge.
- Cycle trips must be recorded via www.lovetoride.net/atlanta or on the paper Registration Form. If trips are not recorded in this way, they will not contribute to the team's results.
- Only trips completed within the Challenge period will contribute to the individual’s profile and/or team’s results for the Challenge. Cycle trips completed within the Challenge period can be recorded retrospectively 24 hours after the official end of the Challenge at 23:59 on Thursday, October 31.
- All participants take part in the Challenge at their own risk. All participants are responsible for ensuring that the bicycles they ride are in a roadworthy condition and are responsible for observing the rules of the road and riding in a safe and careful manner at all times. NB: Neither the project partners, Atlanta Regional Commission, People for Bikes, Love to Ride, or any sponsors or promoters of the Challenge accept responsibility for any injury sustained or property damaged in the course of anyone's participation in the Challenge.
- Love to Ride shall not be held responsible for any late, incomplete, corrupted, incorrect or illegible registrations as a result of any software or hardware failure, postal delay or otherwise.
- Any prizes relating to the Cycle Challenge exclude the employees and their immediate families of Love to Ride, its partners or anyone professionally connected with the Challenge.
- The results and prize winners’ details will be made available for a period of six weeks from the end of the Challenge period.
- The official Challenge results and prize winners will be announced and published on the Challenge website on Friday, November 8 after the Challenge has ended. Up until this point, results are not final and are subject to change at any time.
- To claim their prize, proof of age and identity may be required by the winner.
- Prize winners may be required to participate in publicity and promotional activities.
- Any photos and stories uploaded on the Challenge website may be viewed by the general public. Love to Ride reserves the right to use any photos or stories uploaded on the website for promotional purposes.
- Love to Ride's decisions regarding Challenge results, winners and prizes is final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Love to Ride reserves the right to substitute any prizes for a prize of an equal, lesser or greater value. No cash or alternative prizes are available.
- Love to Ride and its project partners are not liable in any way for any misinformation, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the Challenge, Challenge website or prizes offered. It cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered as a result of accepting or experiencing any prize.
- Love to Ride reserves the right to amend or cancel any aspect of the Challenge without notice.
- There are 120 $15 vouchers available. Winners will be given the choice of having a voucher made out to Fandango, Amazon or Target. They will be allocated to the first people who meet the terms and conditions outlined below.
- The vouchers will be allocated to two types of people: ‘New Cyclists’ and ‘Encouragers’.
- New Cyclists are defined as participants who ride a bike for the first time in a year for at least 10 minutes during the Challenge period and record their trip.
- Encouragers are defined as people who encourage a new cyclist to ride a bike for 10 minutes during the Challenge period.
- An Encourager will be eligible for a voucher when the New Cyclist they encouraged is names them as their encourager when they log their first ride in the Challenge or by clicking 'add encourager' on their profile beneath their profile photo.
- Survey responses will be used to categorize who is classed as a ‘New Cyclist’. First responses to this survey are final and cannot be amended once completed.
- Vouchers will be delivered to the eligible winners within 4 weeks of the Challenge ending. Love to Ride are not responsible for any vouchers which are lost or void through damage, postal delivery or otherwise.
- Four weekly random prize draws will take place: one on each of the Mondays following each of the four weeks of the Challenge - October 7, October 14, October 21 and October 28.
- Participants who make and record a trip in the week prior to each draw will be entered into the weekly prize draw.
- The weekly prizes are indicated on the ‘Prizes’ page of the website at www.lovetoride.net/atlanta/prizes.
- The winners will be announced via email and published on the Challenge website on the Monday of each draw.
- At the end of the Challenge period, organizations which are in first, second, or third position for their size category may be requested to provide written confirmation from their organization's HR department or a senior manager to confirm the exact number of staff that are employed in the winning organization or department.
- The teams in first, second and third place will be awarded a Challenge certificate.
- The teams in first place will receive a team prize as detailed on the Prizes page of the website.
- The staff number is defined as the total number of paid or unpaid people employed within an organization or department during the Challenge period, i.e. not just those participating in the Challenge. Part-time staff are included in the staff count. A Full Time Equivalent (FTE) staff count should not be used.
- Only staff members who are on maternity leave, long-term sick leave, sabbatical, other long term leave, or based outside of Atlanta for the full duration of the Challenge period may be excluded from the staff number.
- The Challenge is specifically for staff members of an organization, this does not extend to students or pupils where they exist within the participating organization.
- The deadline for confirming a team's staff number is 23:59 on the day after the Challenge has ended.
- It is the responsibility of the organization or department’s Challenge Champion to ensure that staff numbers are correct.
- Where a Challenge Champion fails to confirm a team's staff number before the deadline, it will be at Love to Ride's discretion as to whether any further changes will be allowed.
- Should a change in staff number in the last week of the Challenge result in a change in position on the results page/leaderboard, the decision will go in favor of any team that have been overtaken, as opposed to a team that has climbed the leader board by a late change in staff number.
Data Protection Statement
- Participants’ information will be held by Love to Ride and its project partners (Georgia Commute Options and Atlanta Regional Commission). Data collected will be used by Love to Ride to evaluate the program and to demonstrate the impact it has on participants.
- Love to Ride and its project partners will use personal information submitted on registration to provide information or services relating to the Atlanta Bike Challenge program. Personal data used will include name, email address and other supplied information.
- When users are logged into this website, the full name and organization of another user will be visible. All individual and organization profile pages will be accessible to all users logged into this website. Full names can be accessed but no contact details will be publicly viewable or accessible.
- Participants can opt out of receiving communications from Love to Ride and its project partners at any time.
- Love to Ride and its project partners will not pass on any personal contact information to third parties.
Email Opt Out
- To opt out of receiving communications from Love to Ride or the project partners at any time, go to your profile at www.lovetoride.net/atlanta/user_profiles/mine?locale=en-GB, click on the ‘settings’ link and then check ‘Unsubscribe from all Love to Ride emails' or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link on any email communication received.
The promoter is: Love to Ride LLC, 659 Auburn Ave NE. Atlanta, GA 30312.
Got any questions?
If you have any questions or comments about these Terms of Service, you can contact us at
Love to Ride Ltd, Streamline, Paintworks, Bristol, BS4 3AS, UK