What is the Bike Everywhere Challenge?
The Bike Everywhere Challenge is a fun and free competition to encourage your friends and colleagues to experience firsthand the joys and benefits of riding a bike. There are lots of fantastic prizes being offered to tempt your team, which we'll announce as the Challenge approaches!
How it works
- You and your friends compete against other social teams of up to 10 people
- The aim is to earn the most points.
- Points are earned by:
- and getting other people to ride too.
- You can ride anywhere, anytime between May 1-31 to take part.
The Challenge is not just about who can ride the most miles, but who can encourage the most people to give bicycling a try.
You and your team earn points as follows:
We also have bonus points:
- New riders - DOUBLE day and mile points (Because we want to get more people riding!)
You earn points by riding and encouraging others to ride as per above.
Every 50 points you personally earn is another entry into the prize draw.
The more points you earn... the more chances you have of winning some great prizes!
Your team earns points for all the people you get to join your team and all the riding you all do.
What are the benefits of participating?
- Free for everyone
- Loads of pedal powered comraderie
- The spirit of friendly competition
- Help reduce congestion, emissions, and save people money
- Prize incentives and bragging rights
How to take part
Follow these four steps:
- Register on this website, it's free. Register here
- Ride a bike anywhere, anytime for at least 10 minutes between between May 1 and May 31, 2017.
- Record your ride here and tell your friends and coworkers about the Challenge here.
- Reward yourself and your friends by winning prizes!
Like past Washington Bikes facilitated challenges, teams will be limited to 10 riders. For 2017 we are focusing on encouraging new riders to participate so each team must have at least 2 new riders.
Your team's overall score will be determined through a combination of days ridden, miles ridden and encouragements given.
We're giving away some great prizes! Find out what you can win...
Why sync with Ride Report?
Here are three great reasons to download the Ride Report app:
- It logs your rides automatically! No need to press start or stop. Through the magic of technology, the app knows when you’re riding your bike and automatically logs your rides.
- Help make your city better for riding - The data collected is used by Washington partners to inform better bike infrastructure decisions!
- Automatically go into our prize draws - Not only do you automatically share your data, but by syncing with Love to Ride you also automatically get entered to win prizes!