What is the Tampa Bay Bike Challenge?
The Tampa Bay Bike Challenge is a fun and free competition to encourage you, your friends, and your colleagues to experience the joys and benefits of riding a bike. The Challenge is not just about who can ride the most miles, but who can encourage the most people to give bicycling a try. Show your support for a more bike-friendly Tampa Bay by signing up, logging rides, and encouraging your workplace to join in for some friendly competition!
How it works
- You and your coworkers compete against other organizations
- The aim is to earn the most points
- Points are earned by:
- and getting other people to ride too
- You can ride anywhere, anytime between March 1 - 31st to take part
You and your workplace earn points as follows:
You earn points by riding and encouraging others to ride as per above.
The more points you earn... the more chances you have of winning some great prizes!
Your team earns points for all the people you get to join your team and all the riding you all do.
The top teams in each of the categories will win prizes as well.
What are the benefits to your organization?
- Free for all employees
- Fun team-building activity
- A friendly competition between local employers and organizations (and internal departments)
- Help reduce traffic, carbon emissions, and save money
- Prize incentives and bragging rights
How to take part
Follow these four steps:
- Create a profile on this website (it's free), then login and join the challenge when prompted
- Ride a bike anywhere, anytime for at least 10 minutes between between March 1 and March 31, 2020.
- Record your ride here and tell your friends and coworkers about the Challenge.
- Reward yourself and your friends by winning prizes!
Organizations and departments will compete against those of a similar size for a fair chance of winning.
Your participation, trips, and miles will count towards your department's and your organization's score.
Sync with an app
You can participate in the challenge by logging rides manually on our website, but syncing an app like Love to Ride, MapMyRide, Strava, or Endomondo will automatically enter you into our prize drawings by syncing your rides for you so you don't have to remember to log every ride individually.
Don't have a bike?
Why not try your local bike share scheme to get a couple of rides logged? Or you borrow a bike from a friend, or rent one from a local bike shop. If you can't find a bike to ride, let us know, and we'll see what we can do!
We're giving away some great prizes! Find out what you can win...