Get your bike ready to ride for the year with this video from TRPA and the Tahoe Bike Coalition
Plan your route
Built and vetted by the Bike Coalition. You can also pick up the paper version at bike shops and visitors centers all around the Lake.
Whether you are riding a bike, skateboard or scooter, driving a car, or walking - please be follow these guidelines, but mostly: be KIND and COURTEOUS!
Let's all enjoy being outside and getting some exercise in Tahoe.
Biking on a road:
- Bike the same direction with traffic
- Be visible: use lights, reflectors and bright clothing
- Be courteous, bike single file and on the right
- Obey all traffic laws
- Obey all signs & signals hand signal your intentions
Biking on a path:
- Share the bike path with other users
- Bike on the right
- Pass slowly on the left
- Bike at an appropriate speed
- Be kind
Click here for even more tips from the Bike Coalition.