Let's Bike Our Way Out of This Thing!
With everything that’s been happening, we want to give you something healthy, positive, and fun.
This National Bike Month - we’re inviting you, your family, friends and coworkers to set yourselves a goal for how much biking you want to enjoy.
You can have several goals at once:
Your company, your bike club, and/or your group of friends, can also set a goal for how much biking you want to do collectively.
This is a great way to connect with your co-workers and friends, build some camaraderie and community, and support each other in achieving your goals.
Biking in the Coronavirus Era
Part of the National Bike Challenge
Bike Month is part of the 2020 National Bike Challenge is a nationwide event that unites thousands of new and existing bicyclists across the country in a friendly campaign designed to celebrate and encourage biking.
We want bike riders of all flavors to show their support for a bike-friendly USA and join the National Bike Challenge (NBC). Let's create a happier, healthier world and get more people riding and smiling!
What and when?
The National Bike Challenge runs from May to September 2020. Throughout the NBC, individuals and groups of friends can compete across various leaderboards through the whole 5-month riding season. The NBC also includes two challenges for individual riders and organizations to participate in: Bike Month and Cycle September.
- Bike Month is all about highlighting the benefits of riding a bike during the Coronavirus Era. Set goals, connect with others, and win prizes! Workplaces can also create profiles and can use them to communicate with staff, motivate each other to ride, encourage friendly internal competition, and stay connected. Interested in getting a profile for your organization? Read more about workplaces here.
- During Cycle September, participating organizations can take what they've learned and put their riding to the test. Workplaces can compete for top spots on the business and industry leaderboards in one of seven size categories. Take part on a global stage with even more great prizes up for grabs!
Who can take part in the NBC?
- Existing riders
- New riders
- Cities / Counties / States / MPOs
- Advocacy groups
- Clubs and groups
Why take part?
There are a bike load of reasons to participate:
- Achieve your cycling goals - Use the challenge as motivation to enjoy riding more. Set goals, earn badges, cheer each other on, and enjoy some friendly rivalry with your friends, neighbors, and coworkers
- You want a bike-friendly world – Show your support for biking and a healthier, happier world
- Win prizes - We've got some great prizes that you can win by participating
- Compete on leaderboards - if a little friendly competition gets your legs cranking, then we have a host of leaderboards for you to enjoy
- Enjoy building community - connect with your friends, coworkers and fellow riders. Share your stories and your photos and encourage each other to enjoy riding
- Let's get more people riding and smiling - your participation helps to show how many people ride, and you can also encourage non-riding friends and co-workers to get back on a bike. More people riding helps to get biking infrastructure built and helps our communities become more bike-friendly
Get yourself signed-up
How can I take part?
- As an individual
- As a group (of friends, social riding group, cycling club, etc.)
- As a workplace
- All of the above :-)
A little competitive?
The 2020 National Bike Challenge follows the same format as last year. You can use your club/group from 2019 if you took part in the National Bike Challenge last year.
You can use one of the following apps:
- The Love to Ride app
You can also log your rides manually. This is quick to do on your profile.
Who’s running the challenge?
Love to Ride and the League of American Bicyclists are joining forces to bring you the National Bike Challenge. Read more about the organizations behind the Challenge here.
Why join Love to Ride?
We know that riding a bike has tremendous benefits for individuals, workplaces and communities. So we provide the tools and support to help you and your friends, coworkers, and family to start riding, or to ride more often, and experience the joys and benefits of riding firsthand.
Love to Ride offers a single platform where you can keep track of your riding, find answers and resources to help you ride more confidently, win prizes for riding, and to encourage your friends and coworkers to ride (and win prizes for that too).
Help us spread the love of bicycling by combining our platform and programs with your enthusiasm for biking.