Let's Bike Our Way Out of This Thing!
With everything that’s been happening, we want to give you something healthy, positive, and fun.
This July is Santa Cruz Bike Month and we’re inviting you, your family, friends and coworkers to set yourselves a goal for how much biking you want to enjoy.
You can have several goals at once:
Your company, your bike club, and/or your group of friends, can also set a goal for how much biking you want to do collectively.
This is a great way to connect with your co-workers and friends, build some camaraderie and community, and support each other in achieving your goals.
Who can take part in Santa Cruz Bike Month?
- People who already ride (existing riders)
- People who haven't been on a bike in a while (new riders)
- Clubs and groups
Why take part?
There are a bike load of reasons to participate:
- Achieve your cycling goals - Use the challenge as motivation to enjoy riding more. Set goals, earn badges, cheer each other on, and enjoy some friendly rivalry with your friends, neighbors, and coworkers
- You want a bike-friendly world – Show your support for biking and a healthier, happier world
- Win prizes - We've got some great prizes that you can win by participating
- Compete on leaderboards - if a little friendly competition gets your legs cranking, then we have a host of leaderboards for you to enjoy
- Enjoy building community - connect with your friends, coworkers and fellow riders. Share your stories and your photos and encourage each other to enjoy riding
- Let's get more people riding and smiling - your participation helps to show how many people ride, and you can also encourage non-riding friends and co-workers to get back on a bike. More people riding helps to get biking infrastructure built and helps our communities become more bike-friendly
Get yourself signed-up
You can use one of the following apps:
- The Love to Ride app
You can also log your rides manually. This is quick to do on your profile.
Who’s running the challenge?
The National Bike Challenge
Santa Cruz Bike Month takes place during the 2020 National Bike Challenge (NBC). The NBC, which runs from May through September, is a nationwide event that unites thousands of new and existing bicyclists across the country in a friendly campaign designed to celebrate and encourage biking.
We want bike riders of all flavors to show their support for a bike-friendly USA and join the NBC . Let's create a happier, healthier world and get more people riding and smiling!
Why join Love to Ride?
We know that riding a bike has tremendous benefits for individuals, workplaces and communities. So we provide the tools and support to help you and your friends, coworkers, and family to start riding, or to ride more often, and experience the joys and benefits of riding firsthand.
Love to Ride offers a single platform where you can keep track of your riding, find answers and resources to help you ride more confidently, win prizes for riding, and to encourage your friends and coworkers to ride (and win prizes for that too).
Help us spread the love of bicycling by combining our platform and programs with your enthusiasm for biking.
Have more questions?
Check out the Website FAQ