This October, hundreds of individuals and businesses across Santa Cruz County will be enjoying all the benefits of bike riding.
What's Biketober all about?
For Bikteober, individuals and workplaces compete to earn the most points by riding and encouraging others to do the same.
You can ride anywhere, anytime during October - just a 10 minute ride is enough to take part.
- Enjoy a ride
- Log it here or connect your favorite cycling app (Strava or Map My Ride)
- Earn points, climb the leaderboards and win prizes!
How can I take part?
You can take part in three ways:
- As an individual - you'll enter the drawings for Biketober prizes and compete with others on the individual leaderboards
- With a workplace - your office will compete on the workplace leaderboards to earn the most points. You'll enter the drawings for individual prizes and help your workplace win too.
- With a club/group - clubs aren't eligible for any workplace prizes but are a great way to keep track of how much riding you and your friends can do as part of Biketober
How do I earn points?
Earn points as an individual by:
- Encouraging others to ride - (learn more about encouraging)
If you're competing as part of a workplace, your workplace points will be the sum of all points earned by every employee taking part at your company on Love to Ride.
You don't have to be a bike commuter to take part - all types of rides count towards your team's score!
Points mean prizes!
Riding and encouraging others will earn you points, and your points put you in the running for amazing prizes.
Biketober finishes on October 31st. After that, we give you 48 hours to log your remaining October rides. This is a good opportunity to check your profile and make sure everything looks good before the results are finalized! Make sure it's all logged before 11:59pm on November 2. After November, the Love to Ride team will go in full audit mode and check all of the leaderboards and then announce the amazing Biketober winners!