Tour de Redmond 2020
Spread the word
Make sure everyone knows about Tour de Redmond 2020... share on social media or via email, or send people directly to lovetoride.net/redmond
Tour de Redmond FAQs
What is the Tour de Redmond?
Throughout the month of September, everyone who lives or works in Redmond is invited to form a team, ride their bikes and encourage others. You will earn points by riding and encouraging others to ride, too. Ride anywhere, anytime - to the store, to work or even a quick 10 minute spin around your local park - to earn points and enter prize drawings! Your points will help your team climb the leader boards for a bit of friendly competition.
There will also be a Photo Scavenger Hunt (see below) with weekly challenges that will put you in the running for prizes.
How can I participate?
- Join the Tour de Redmond by signing up at www.lovetoride.net/redmond and opting in when prompted. You will be added to the Redmond site based on your work or home address.
- Recruit up to 9 of your friends (teams of 10) to build a Tour de Redmond team and see which team can earn the most points in September
- Log your rides and encourage others to join the Tour de Redmond to earn points, compete, and win prizes
- Not feeling competitive? No worries. Join in on the Scavenger Hunt by exploring and submitting photos/stories of places around Redmond to get in the running for prizes
- If you're new to Love to Ride, click "Register" on the homepage
- Sign in using Facebook or Strava (automatically track your rides), or your name and email address
- "Create" or "Join" a team. Note that an employer or organization or school can have multiple teams - just make sure they are all "associated" with the employer/organization/school
- Link your account to your Strava, MapMyRide, or Endomondo, or set a reminder to log your rides on the website each day
- Plan your routes, ride your bike, and have fun and be safe!
How do I create a team?
Rally up to ten people together and start a team from your Love to Ride profile. Create a competition with your friends or compete against your coworkers. You'll also have the option to associate your team with your employer or organization.
How does my team earn points?
You'll earn points for riding and encouraging others to join the challenge. Ride anywhere, anytime (Even just 10 minutes counts) to earn points. If you're on a team, your team's points will be the total of each individuals' points. The more points you earn, the higher your team will rise on the leaderboard! Points are earn as follows:
Weekly Photo Challenge : Redmond Featured Trails Scavenger Hunt
Ride Back to Redmond & Support Local Businesses
Ride your bike on the designated trails each week during the month of September and you could with a $25 local gift card. Up to three cards will be awarded each week.
Participation is easy!
Ride your bike on the trail of the week, hunt for the scavenger items listed, take pictures of your bike with the scavenger item, and share your pictures with us #tourderedmond on our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and log in your trip on your Tour de Redmond online calendar no later than Sunday (at the end of the week).
And you will automatically be entered into the drawing for that week.
Get the full tour of Redmond!
Each week, check out a different trail and neighborhood of Redmond. We have recommend 4 routes on Redmond’s trails that are comfortable for all ages and abilities. Along each route, rack up points for your team, participate in our photo scavenger hunt, and visit the local businesses along each trail.
Week 1 – Sammamish River Trail Ride along the river in Redmond through the Sammamish Valley to North Redmond.
Week 2 – Redmond Central Connector See the heart of Redmond and where light rail will arrive in 2024
Week 3 – 520 Trail A major hill climb! Ride to Overlake and see the new bridges crossing 520
Week 4 – Marymoor Connector & East Lake Sammamish Trail Pedal through Marymoor Park and see the changes in SE Redmond