CYCLE SEPTEMBER PHILLY IS HERE!
Get yourself and your company signed-up!
Overview - Cycle September Philly - the Workplace Bike Challenge - September 2018
- Organizations and their departments will compete against others of the same size (so it's a level playing field).
- Each individual, organization and department will earn points as pictured below. The more points you earn by riding and by encouraging others to ride too, the higher up the leaderboard your organization and department team will go.
- This is both a national and global competition - your colleagues around the world can take part in this as well.
- There will be great prizes that you and your colleagues can win!
- The Challenge will run the whole month of September.
- We'll provide a promotion pack to make it easy to promote internally to your co-workers. Visit this page for ideas on spreading the word!
How to Earn Points
You earn points by:
- Riding; and
- Encouraging others to ride.
Team points are the sum of all of the individual team members’ points.
The points system has been carefully developed, tried and tested, over the last 4 years to ensure a fair and exciting competition, and to strongly encourage teams to engage new riders if they want to secure victory. Here’s how individual points are earned:
How do encourager points work?
For a full details: See here!
You can use one of the following apps:
- Ride Report
- Map My Ride
- The Love to Ride app
You can also log your rides manually. This is quick to do on the Love to Ride website.
How to Take Part
- Register on the website (or log in if you've registered on Love to Ride before)
- Create a team or join an existing team
- Ride a bike anywhere, anytime, during the month-long Challenge.
- Record your rides on the website (or via an app) to earn points
- Recruit your colleagues and friends to ride and join in too.
- Go into the prize drawing!
Free prizes, just for riding your bike? Yes please!
Prizes announced in April.
Bike Clubs and Groups Feature is Live!
State vs State leaderboards
Which states can earn the most points by riding and encouraging others to ride?
City vs City / Community vs Community Leaderboard
Which communities/cities/counties can earn the most points by riding and encouraging others to ride? See on the local leaderboards!
Top Individual Riders
Leaderboards for who are the…
- Top Riders – Trips
- Top Commuters – Trips
- Top Riders – Miles
- Top New Riders - Miles
A Tool for Encouraging Riding
We know that riding a bike has tremendous benefits and that the best way to realize those benefits is to get on a bike. So we provide the incentives, tools and support to help you and your friends, colleagues, and family to start riding and experience the joys and benefits of bicycling firsthand.
Love to Ride offers a single platform where you can keep track of your riding, find answers and resources to help you ride more confidently, get access to discounts at local bike shops, win prizes for riding, and to encourage your friends and colleagues to ride (and win prizes for that too!).
We like to think of people who take part in Love to Ride programs and Challenges as partners who help us to spread the love of bicycling by combining our tools with your enthusiasm!
Got More Questions?
Registered on Love to Ride in the past? Log in here! (welcome back!)