What is Love to Ride Philadelphia?
Love to Ride Philadelphia is a fun and free competition to encourage you, your friends and colleagues to experience the joys and benefits of riding a bike. The Challenge is not just about who can ride the most miles, but who can encourage the most people to give bicycling a try. Generous supporters and bike friendly businesses across the Philadelphia region are donating fantastic prizes that individuals and teams can qualify for by riding their bikes during the Challenge.
How it works
Businesses compete against each other to see who can get the most staff to ride a bike and log their trips between October 1-31. We use a simple points model to allow workplaces to compete with each other across their size category (see the points system below). The points system has been carefully selected to ensure a fair and exciting competition, and to strongly encourage workplaces to engage new riders if they want to climb the leaderboard and secure victory! It’s not just about who can ride the most miles, but also who can encourage the most people to give bicycling a try. Of course, if you log more miles and more trips you'll earn more points (and have a shot at some special individual prizes), but the fastest way to earn more points is to encourage more people to get on a bike and ride!
For example, if you are new to bicycling and your friend Jane encourages you to bike you will earn 20 points each day you ride PLUS 1 point for each mile you ride. And Jane will earn 200 points for being the one to encourage you to ride!
You can also earn bonus points two ways:
- New riders (people who rode very rarely before the Challenge) will get double points for each day they ride and for every mile they log
- All riders will get double points for every commute mile they log
Why sync with Ride Report?
Here are three great reasons to download the Ride Report app:
- It logs your rides automatically! No need to press start or stop. Through the magic of technology, the app knows when you’re riding your bike and automatically logs your rides.
- Help make your city better for riding - The data collected can then be used by local partners to inform better bike infrastructure decisions!
- Automatically go into our prize draws - Not only do you automatically share your data, but by syncing with Love to Ride you also automatically get entered to win prizes!
What are the benefits to your organization?
- Free for all employees
- Fun team-building activity
- A friendly competition between local employers and organizations (and internal departments)
- Help reduce congestion, emissions, and save people money
- Prize incentives and bragging rights
How to take part
Follow these four steps:
- Register on this website, it's free. Register here
- Ride a bike anywhere, anytime for at least 10 minutes between between October 1st and 31st, 2017.
- Record your ride here and tell your friends and coworkers about the Challenge.
- Reward yourself and your friends by winning prizes!
Organizations and departments will compete against those of a similar size for a fair chance of winning. There are six size categories: 500+ staff, 200-499 staff, 50-199 staff, 20-49 staff, 7-19 staff, 3-6 staff.
Your participation, trips, and miles will count towards your department's and your organization's score.
Don't have a bike?
Don't worry! Some options can be that you borrow a bike from a friend or rent one from a local bike shop. Or, you can try Indego.
Launched in 2015, Indego is the City of Philadelphia's bike share system and newest form of public transportation. With hundreds of self-service bikes and more than 100 stations. Indego offers 24/7 access to the City on your schedule. Whether you use Indego for transportation, recreation, fitness, fun, or just to hang with friends – Indego is for you! So, where are you Indegoing?
LOOKING FOR A BIKE SHOP?
Whether you are looking for a pump to inflate your tires a full tune up or a new bike here are some great local bike stores for you to visit:
Located at 1300 S Christopher Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19147
We're giving away some great prizes! Find out what you can win...