CYCLE SEPTEMBER PHILLY IS HERE!
Get yourself and your company signed-up!
Overview - Cycle September Philly - the Workplace Bike Challenge - September 2019
- Organizations will compete against others of the same size (so it's a level playing field)
- Each individual and organization will earn points as pictured below. The more points you earn by riding and by encouraging others to ride too, the higher up the leaderboard your organization will go
- This is both a national and global competition - your coworkers around the world can take part in this as well
- There will be great prizes that you and your coworkers can win
- The Challenge will run the whole month of September
- We'll provide a promotion pack to make it easy to promote internally to your co-workers. Visit this page for ideas on spreading the word!
How to Earn Points
You earn points by:
- Riding; and
- Encouraging others to ride.
Team points are the sum of all of the individual team members’ points.
The points system has been carefully developed, tried and tested, over the last 4 years to ensure a fair and exciting competition, and to strongly encourage teams to engage new riders if they want to secure victory. Here’s how individual points are earned:
How do encourager points work?
For a full details: See here!
You can use one of the following apps:
- Map My Ride
You can also log your rides manually. This is quick to do on your profile.
How to Take Part
- Register on the website (or log in if you've registered on Love to Ride before)
- Create a workplace team or join an existing one
- Ride a bike anywhere, anytime, during the month-long Challenge.
- Record your rides on the website (or via an app) to earn points
- Recruit your coworkers and friends to ride and join in too.
- Go into the prize drawings!
Free prizes, just for riding your bike? Yes please!
Prizes announced in August.
Want to get your workplace involved for Cycle September Philly?
As you know, biking has so many benefits! From being healthier and happier, to being more energised and productive, to taking fewer sick days and being more sustainable. By registering your company for Cycle September Philly 2019, your organization will get access to a range of features, including:
Your own organization page:
- See how engaged your employees are, track how much CO2 you have saved plus lots more!
- You’ll compete in one of the 7 size categories.
NEW Industry Leaderboards
- Your competition can run but they cannot hide on these leaderboards, see exactly where you are versus your literal competition.
Mano-a-Mano / Head-to-Head
- Have an industry “frenemy”? Throw down the gauntlet with this new feature that allows any business to issue a challenge to another. Your stats will show next to each other on a special ‘Head-to-Head’ leaderboard so that you and your co-workers can see who is ahead for each key metric (miles ridden, number of staff participating, etc).
State vs State leaderboards
- Which states can earn the most points by riding and encouraging others to ride?
Community vs Community Leaderboard
- Which communities/cities/counties can earn the most points by riding and encouraging others to ride? See on the local leaderboards!
Top Individual Riders
Leaderboards for who are the…
- Top Riders – Trips
- Top Commuters – Trips
- Top Riders – Miles
- Top New Riders - Miles
A Tool for Encouraging Riding
We know that riding a bike has tremendous benefits and that the best way to realize those benefits is to get on a bike. So we provide the incentives, tools and support to help you and your friends, colleagues, and family to start riding and experience the joys and benefits of bicycling firsthand.
Love to Ride offers a single platform where you can keep track of your riding, find answers and resources to help you ride more confidently, get access to discounts at local bike shops, win prizes for riding, and to encourage your friends and colleagues to ride (and win prizes for that too!).
We like to think of people who take part in Love to Ride programs and Challenges as partners who help us to spread the love of bicycling by combining our tools with your enthusiasm!
Got More Questions?
Registered on Love to Ride in the past? Log in here! (welcome back!)