This September, thousands of individuals and businesses across the country and around the world will be enjoying all the benefits of bike riding.
What's Cycle September all about?
Cycle September brings the National Bike Challenge to a close. Your rides will help your club/group continue to climb the leaderboard and finish the NBC on a high note. For September you can also take part with your workplace and compete against others worldwide.
You can ride anywhere, anytime during September - just a 10 minute ride is enough to take part.
- Enjoy a ride
- Log it here or connect your favourite cycling app (Strava, Endomondo or Map My Ride)
- Earn points, climb the leaderboards and win prizes!
How can I take part?
You can take part in three ways:
- As an individual - you'll enter the draw for National Bike Challenge prizes and global Cycle September prizes and compete with others on the individual leaderboards
- With a workplace - your company will compete on the workplace leaderboards to earn the most points. You'll enter the draw for individual prizes and help your company win too. Learn more about taking part with a workplace.
- With a club/group - clubs aren't eligible for any workplace prizes but are a great way to keep track of how much riding you and your friends can do in September as part of the National Bike Challenge.
How do I earn points?
Earn points as an individual by:
- Encouraging others to ride - (learn more about encouraging)
If you're competing as part of a workplace, your workplace points will be the sum of all points earned by every employee taking part at your company on Love to Ride.
You don't have to be a bike commuter to take part - all types of rides count towards your team's score!
Points mean prizes!
Riding and encouraging others will earn you points, and your points put you in the running for the amazing prizes.
Want to get your workplace involved in Cycle September?
We want to support you, your coworkers, and your organization to gain all the benefits of riding.
As you know, biking has so many benefits! From being healthier and happier, to being more energised and productive, to taking fewer sick days and being more sustainable.
The National Bike Challenge
The 2020 National Bike Challenge is a nationwide event that unites thousands of new and existing bicyclists across the country in a friendly campaign designed to celebrate and encourage biking.
We want bike riders of all flavors to show their support for a bike-friendly USA and join the National Bike Challenge (NBC). Let's create a happier, healthier world and get more people riding and smiling!
The National Bike Challenge runs from May to September 2020. Throughout the NBC, individuals and groups of friends can compete across various leaderboards through the whole 5-month riding season. The NBC also includes two challenges for individual riders and organizations to participate in: Bike Month and Cycle September.