This January we're inviting you to join #RideResolutions and set goals to keep riding through 2021. No matter how big or small, a goal can help you ride your bike further and more often. Set a goal and enjoy all the mental and physical health benefits of travelling by two wheels!
Whether you want to burn off 5 chocolate bars, go for 100 rides in 2021 or save 200 kg of carbon, you can set and share your goals right now.
Check our Tips for Setting Great Goals post and set a goal that’s right for you.
WE RUN A YEAR-ROUND PROGRAMME OF EVENTS:
To help more people experience the benefits of riding.
What's it all about?
Riding a bike has significant benefits for you as an individual, our communities and our planet.
Riding a bike can help:
- prevent the decline of your immune system in the short and long-term.
- cut the risk of cancer and heart disease by 45%
- boost your mental health, helping to make you feel happier and more connected to your surroundings and less prone to depression than other forms of transport
- reduce stress and anxiety - any form of physical exercise is good for reducing stress. Cycling can help take your mind off problems, or give you a chance to think about things calmly
- reduce congestion and pollution, which contributes to 40,000 premature deaths annually in the UK
- reduce cost on public health - the NHS could save billions through reduced obesity, diabetes and heart disease
How can I take part?
1. Anyone, anywhere can register for Love to Ride. You can record your mileage, set yourself goals and earn badges too.
2. For our four main events, and at other times throughout the year, enjoying a ride and logging it on your Love to Ride profile will enter you into the draw for amazing prizes including brand new bikes, gear, vouchers and more!
Have a question about cycling in the coronavirus era?
We've pulled together the latest advice on how to keep safe whilst cycling, tips to help you take up cycling and a link to our brand new website that has all the reasons why biking is important as ever! Find out more here.
Follow us on social
- For daily prize winner announcements
- exclusive prize giveaways
- and to help us grow the Love to Ride community