We're a passionate bunch of people who want to see more people biking more often, right!? We know that riding a bike can make you happier, healthier, wealthier and more productive - a pretty good combo platter for a team with our mission.
This is why we've launched a team encouragement platform to support and encourage YOU to ride more often.
We're inviting the team to take part in Bike Month to spread the love of biking to our own friends and family. We know that if every rider encouraged just one other rider to take part, we'd double the rates of biking so let's walk the walk and talk the encouraging talk!
The aim of the game here is to boost engagement where we live and work and to see how effective our own tools are for recruiting other people to join the platform.
Here's how you can take part this month:
1. By setting up your own social team you're confirming to take part in the internal challenge
2. Invite your friends, family, frenemies to join your team
3. Earn points and compete with other teams as normal for Bike Month
We'll be following all other Bike Month rules for earning points and competing in pools, but we have an extra spicy challenge to unlock prizes internally...
1. Individual prize - criteria: Create a team and log at least 1 ride
2. National prize - criteria: there must be at least 3 new people registered and logging rides for each coworker taking part e.g. If Sarah, Will and Robbie each created a team, by the end of the challenge they must have encouraged at least 9 people between them to join the Love to Ride platform to unlock the national prize.
3. Global prize - criteria: following the same rules as the national prize but now it's a global collective e.g. If Sarah, Will, Robbie, Laura and Thomas all created a team, by the end of the challenge they must have encouraged at least 15 people to join the platform to unlock the global prize.
We've got a range of prizes and experiences to help motivate and reward you. Our hope is that there's something for everyone and our overall ambition is for your effort to result in some social good.
We want to finish the year knowing we'd put 4 durable Buffalo Bicycles into rural communities around the world (improving access to education, healthcare, and jobs that are often out of reach).
It's important for us that we learn, collaborate and apply what we discover through this process to make our encouragement more effective. Got an idea? Speak to Laurence or Fleur.