HAWAII BIKE CHALLENGE - May 2021
Enjoy all the benefits of riding a bike while you take part in a fun team-based bike challenge!
The Challenge Format
Let's get as many people in Hawaii to commit to riding as much as possible for the entire month of May. Through the platform, riders can track their rides, join a team, join groups & clubs, win prizes, or just have fun. For competitive types, your team can compete against other teams and win prizes for participating in activities and challenges along the way.
Overview – Hawaii Bike Challenge
- Start a team or join an existing team (or you can ride solo, but it’s more fun with some friends!)
- Teams can have up to 10 riders.
- Teams can be composed of anyone -- coworkers, friends, family, etc.
- Each individual and team will earn points as pictured below. The more points you earn by riding and by encouraging others to ride, the higher up the leaderboard you’ll go!
- There will be a leaderboard of all teams ranked by points earned. You can filter this leaderboard by county and by company size (if your team is associated with your employer).
How to Join
- Register on the website (or log in if you've registered on Love to Ride before)
- Create a team or join an existing team
- Ride a bike anywhere, anytime, during the month-long Challenge.
- Record your rides on the website (or via an app) to earn points
- Recruit your coworkers and friends to ride and join in too.
- Competition winners are rewarded with just the glory of recognition and being immortalized on our website.
How to Earn Points
You earn points by:
- Riding; and
- Encouraging others to ride - (learn more about encouraging)
Team points are the sum of all of the individual team members’ points.
The points system has been carefully developed, tried and tested, over the last 5 years to ensure a fair and exciting competition, and to strongly encourage teams to engage new riders if they want to secure victory. Here’s how individual points are earned:
You can use one of the following apps:
You can also log your rides manually. This is easy to do on the Love to Ride website.
How to Win Prizes
Register before May 1st and be entered to win a two-night stay at the Queen Kapiolani Hotel.
Log your first ride during the Challenge to be entered to win a Patagonia backpack.
Take our surveys to be entered to win a $50 gift card to the local restaurant of your choice.
Participate in the WEEKLY CHALLENGES to be entered to win TONS of awesome local prizes.
And of course win! Team members of the top team from each island at the end of the challenge will each get $25 to a local restaurant, a canvas bag, insulated mugs, metal boba straws and more.
Biking in the Coronavirus Era
See the following website for information about biking in the Coronavirus Era: ride-healthy.com
About Love to Ride
Love to Ride is the online platform that gets more people riding, more often. Through our website and programs we have engaged more than 550,000 people and have encouraged more than 120,000 ‘non-riders’ to try riding a bike.
We work with cities, businesses, advocacy groups and riders around the world to provide best practice bicycle encouragement programs and make it easy and fun to encourage our friends, family, colleagues and community to rediscover the joys of riding.
More about Love to Ride for Cities
More about Love to Ride for Business
A Tool for Encouraging Riding
We know that riding a bike has tremendous benefits and that the best way to realize those benefits is to get on a bike. So we provide the incentives, tools and support to help you and your friends, colleagues, and family to start riding and experience the joys and benefits of bicycling firsthand.
Love to Ride offers a single platform where you can keep track of your riding, find answers and resources to help you ride more confidently, get access to discounts at local bike shops, win prizes for riding, and to encourage your friends and colleagues to ride (and win prizes for that too!).
We like to think of people who take part in Love to Ride programs and Challenges as partners who help us to spread the love of bicycling by combining our tools with your enthusiasm!
Registered on Love to Ride in the past?
Log in here! (welcome back!)
New? Register here!