This September, thousands of individuals and businesses across the country and around the world will be enjoying the benefits of riding a bike.
What's Cycle September all about?
Individuals and workplaces will compete nationally and worldwide to earn the most points by riding and encouraging others to do the same.
You can ride anywhere, anytime during September - just a 10 minute ride is enough to take part.
1. Enjoy a ride
2. Log it here or connect your favourite bicycling app (Strava, Endomondo or Map My Ride)
3. Earn points, climb the leaderboards and win prizes!
You can take part in three ways:
- As an individual - you'll enter the draw for great prizes and compete with others on the individual leaderboards
- With a workplace - your company will compete on the workplace leaderboards to earn the most points. You'll enter the draw for individual prizes and help your company win too.
- With a club/group - clubs aren't eligible for any workplace prizes but are a great way to keep track of how much riding you and your friends can do in September.
How do I earn points?
Earn points as an individual by:
- Riding; and
- Encouraging others to ride - (learn more about encouraging)
If you're taking part with a workplace, your workplace points will be the sum of all points earned by every employee taking part at your company on Love to Ride.
You don't have to be a bike commuter to take part - all types of rides count towards your workplace score!
Points mean prizes!
Riding and encouraging others will earn you points, and your points will put you in the drawings for amazing prizes.
Workplaces will compete in one of 7 size categories on local, national, global and industry specific leaderboards.
Example local leaderboard: