This September, thousands of individuals and businesses across the country and around the world will be enjoying the benefits of riding a bike.
What's Cycle September all about?
Cycle September brings the National Bike Challenge to a close. Your rides will help your club/group continue to climb the leaderboard and finish the NBC on a high note. For September you can also take part with your workplace and compete against others worldwide.
Individuals and workplaces will compete locally, nationally and worldwide to earn the most points by riding and encouraging others to do the same.
You can ride anywhere, anytime during September - just a 10 minute ride is enough to take part.
1. Enjoy a ride
2. Log it here or connect your favourite bicycling app (Strava, Endomondo or Map My Ride)
3. Earn points, climb the leaderboards and win prizes!
You can take part in three ways:
- As an individual - you'll enter the draw for great prizes and compete with others on the individual leaderboards
- With a workplace - your company will compete on the workplace leaderboards to earn the most points. You'll enter the draw for individual prizes and help your company win too.
- With a club/group - clubs aren't eligible for any workplace prizes but are a great way to keep track of how much riding you and your friends can do in September as part of the National Bike Challenge.
How do I earn points?
Earn points as an individual by:
- Riding; and
- Encouraging others to ride - (learn more about encouraging)
If you're taking part with a workplace, your workplace points will be the sum of all points earned by every employee taking part at your company on Love to Ride.
You don't have to be a bike commuter to take part - all types of rides count towards your team's score!
Points mean prizes!
Riding and encouraging others will earn you points, and your points will put you in the drawings for amazing prizes.
Cycle September finishes on Wednesday, September 30. After that we give you 48 hours to log your September rides and list your encouragement. This is a good opportunity to check your profile and make sure everything looks good before results are finalized! Make sure it's all logged before 11:59pm on October 2.
After October 2, the Love to Ride team will go in full audit mode and check all of the leaderboards before announcing the amazing local, national and global Cycle September winners!
Workplaces will compete in one of 7 size categories on local, national, global and industry specific leaderboards.
Example local leaderboard:
Join Cycle September now:
The National Bike Challenge
The 2020 National Bike Challenge is a nationwide event that unites thousands of new and existing bicyclists across the country in a friendly campaign designed to celebrate and encourage biking.
We want bike riders of all flavors to show their support for a bike-friendly USA and join the National Bike Challenge (NBC). Let's create a happier, healthier world and get more people riding and smiling!
The National Bike Challenge runs from May to September 2020. Throughout the NBC, individuals and groups of friends can compete across various leaderboards through the whole 5-month riding season. The NBC also includes two challenges for individual riders and organizations to participate in: Bike Month and Cycle September.