What is Love to Ride Austin?
The Love to Ride Austin Biking Challenge is a fun, free workplace team competition from May 1-31.
Sign-up, build your team and start peddling!
How to participate.
First create a team. It’s easy! When you register, you’ll be prompted to identify the organization for which you work. That organization becomes your team. (You can always add or update your organization from your profile page.)
But … what if you work for a big organization that can host multiple teams? Then you’ll also name a “department” during registration (which can be any workplace division). That department then becomes your team for the competition.
But … what if you’re a job-free person of leisure? Lucky you, more time to bike! Register without naming an organization; you can still win prizes as an individual.
How does it work?
You and your workplace team earn points for every mile you ride, every day you ride, and for every person you encourage to sign-up (they don't have to be in your team - they just have to log a ride in the Austin Biking Challenge!). The points system has been carefully selected to ensure a fair and exciting competition, and to strongly encourage teams to engage new riders if they want to climb the leaderboard and secure victory.
You'll compete against other workplace teams of comparable sizes. Ride anywhere, anytime for just 10 minutes to participate. We will announce special prizes every week!
Prizes for categories like new riders, top encouragers, or rides logged.
The more often you log rides and encourage others to log their rides, the more likely you are to win a prize!
You've got all month (May 1-30) to get out and earn points!
Team points are simple - the sum total of all the points earned by their team members - how do you earn individual points?
Users get points for mileage, number of days ridden, and number of people encouraged.
Here's how you get encourager points: when someone signs up and logs their first ride for the Challenge a prompt pops up and asks them to identify whether someone in particular encourage them. If they identify you as their encourager, then you get points!
Organization Size Categories
Organizations will compete against those of a similar size for a fair chance of winning. There are six size categories: 500+ staff, 200-499 staff, 50-199 staff, 20-49 staff, 7-19 staff, 3-6 staff. Your participation will count towards your organization's score.
Here is what the leaderboard will look like:
We will be giving away some great prizes - keep an eye out to find out what you can win here
What are the benefits to your organization?
- Free for all employees
- A fun team-building activity
- Promotes employee wellness (miles logged may also count towards wellness programs)
- Divisions of a company (or even competitors) can challenge one another to a friendly competition
- Be a good corporate citizen (go green, encourage biking, help alleviate traffic congestion)
How to take part
Follow these four steps:
- Register on this website, it's free. Register here
- Ride a bike anywhere, anytime for at least 10 minutes during the Challenge
- Record your ride here and tell your friends and coworkers about the Challenge.
- Reward yourself and your friends by winning prizes!
Sync with Ride Report!
Here are three great reasons to download the Ride Report app:
- It logs your rides automatically! No need to press start or stop. Through the magic of
- technology, the app knows when you’re riding your bike and automatically logs your rides.
- Help make your city better for riding - The data collected can be used by city and transport planners to inform better bike infrastructure decisions
- Automatically go into our prize draws - Not only do you automatically share your data, but by syncing with Love to Ride you also automatically get entered to win prizes!
Got more questions?
Review our Frequently Asked Questions