- Love to Ride is a website for encouraging more people to cycle more often.
- We will not give your contact details to any third parties other than to our project partners who we are working with on project delivery.
- We aim to communicate with you by email as little as possible and only with relevant or important information.
- You can unsubscribe from Love to Ride emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or changing your email preferences in your settings.
- You are responsible for observing the rules of the road and ensuring that the bicycle you ride is in a roadworthy condition.
- We are not responsible for your safety on a bike and do not accept responsibility for any injury sustained or property damaged in the course of your participation with Love to Ride. You need to take the appropriate steps to ensure you ride safely and happily.
We care about your privacy
We will not give your contact details to any third parties other than to our project partners who we are working with on project delivery. Any communication from our partners to you will be via email from the Love to Ride website.
You must be aged 16 or over to use lovetoride.net
Love to Ride is only for people who are at least 16 years old. We're sorry but it's a legal thing and we're not yet geared up to protect younger folks.
We expect you to play nicely
Love to Ride is a social platform focused on encouraging more people to cycle so it's important that people 'play nicely'. We won't tolerate abusive comments, content or behaviour and reserve the right to remove/edit/respond to content or remove the account of anyone who is not playing nicely with other Love to Ride users or who posts offending, inappropriate, inaccurate or infringing content.
We run online events and competitions
Online events and competitions will be run on the website. In some cases you will automatically be entered into an event if you interact with the website during a particular competition period. This means that you may be entered into any prize draws and by interacting with the site you agree to the terms and conditions of these specific events.
You are responsible for your own content
When you use Love to Ride it's up to you to take responsibility for the content that you add. You need to check that you have the rights to upload any photos or images to the website. We are not responsible for the content that users add on lovetoride.net.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Love to Ride Ltd (the organisation that provides Love to Ride), or its suppliers, licensors, local partners, clients or supporters be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; ii) any injury or accident you have; or iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Love to Ride Ltd, its contractors, licensors, Local Partners, clients and supporters and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of Love to Ride and your use of a bicycle or any experience or incident you have with a bicycle or a cyclist. You cycle at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that the bicycles you ride are in a roadworthy condition. You are responsible for observing the rules of the road and cycling in a safe and careful manner. We care about you, so please take care of yourself.
User Agreement Changes
Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell any part of lovetoride.net is very naughty and strictly prohibited.
All content and materials available on lovetoride.net, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of lovetoride.net, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by lovetoride.net.
Termination of Use
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of loveotride.net and its resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
Love to Ride is controlled by Love to Ride Ltd from our offices located in Bristol, UK. It can be accessed by most countries around the world. As each country has laws that may differ from those of the United Kingdom, by accessing our website, you agree that the statutes and laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
Furthermore, any action to enforce this User Agreement shall be brought in the Courts of the United Kingdom. You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
We will automatically put you into the drawing for prizes when you do activities on the site that result in you being eligible to win. For example, when you register, record rides, and encourage others.
Love to Ride and its project partners are not liable in any way for any damages, expenses, misinformation, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with any prizes offered. It cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered as a result of accepting or experiencing any prize.
Love to Ride are not responsible for any element of any donated, gifted or funded holidays that are awarded as a prize, including bookings, travel, insurance, or any personal loss or injury or any losses or injuries resulting from activity undertaken at any time travelling to or from or during the excursion.
Terms of the Workplace Challenge
1. The Auckland Bike Challenge (“the Challenge”) begins at 12:01am on 1 Feburary and runs until 11:59 on 28 February 2017 ('the Challenge period'). It is open to people aged 16 or over who are employed or live in the Auckland region. The Promoter is Love to Ride, 52 Park Street, Bristol, BS1 5JN United Kingdom.
2. Registration is free via the Challenge website (www.lovetoride.net/auckland), or smartphone app. By registering, entrants agree to be bound by these terms.
3. We recommend that approval is sought from management prior to an organisation registering into the Challenge.
4. An organisation is defined as a body that employs people i.e. not a club or group of friends.
5. Upon registration, an organisation or department is classified as a team according to the number of staff employed by the registered organisation or department. There are six team size categories: 500+ staff, 200 to 499 staff, 50 to 199 staff, 20 to 49 staff, 7 to 19 staff and 3 to 6 staff.
6. Organisations and departments with 1 or 2 employees can register into the Challenge. Team members are eligible to win cinema tickets and individual spot prizes, but they are not eligible to win a team prize/award i.e. Top organisation prizes . Individuals not registered with an organisation team can register, however are not eligible for the team prizes or some of the spot prizes.
7. Bike shops are welcome to join the Challenge but are not eligible to win any prizes.
8. Once a team is registered, individuals from that organisation or department may register their individual participation into that team.
9. Individuals can only register once on the site.
10. If a team's size changes to more than or less than the team's original size category, it will automatically be moved into the appropriate size category.
11. Individual and team registrations can continue throughout the duration of the Challenge period. The closing date for registrations and for recording any outstanding trips from the Challenge period 48 hours after the end of the Challenge period.
12. A valid cycle trip is defined as a participant cycling for a minimum of 10 minutes or 1.5km) on a pedal bicycle. Valid cycle trips do not include the use of motorcycles, scooters or stationary cycles. Cycle trips made via electric bikes are valid for the Challenge.
13. Cycle trips must occur within the Challenge period to contribute to the team's results in the Challenge.
14. Cycle trips must be recorded via www.lovetoride.net/auckland, the Love to Ride smart phone app, smart phone app account that has been connected with your Love to Ride account (e.g. RideReport or Strava), or on the paper Registration Form (if available in your area). If trips are not recorded in this way, they will not contribute to the team's results.
16. Only trips completed within the Challenge period will contribute to the individual’s profile and/or team’s results for the Challenge. Cycle trips completed within the Challenge period can be recorded retrospectively 48 hours after the official end of the Challenge period.
17. All participants take part in the Challenge at their own risk. All participants are responsible for ensuring that the bicycles they ride are in a roadworthy condition and are responsible for observing the rules of the road and all obeying all local and national laws. NB: Neither the project partners, Love to Ride, funders, clients, or any sponsors or promoters of the Challenge accept responsibility for any injury sustained or property damaged in the course of anyone's participation in the Challenge.
18. Love to Ride and its project partners shall not be held responsible for any late, incomplete, corrupted, incorrect or illegible registrations as a result of any software or hardware failure, postal delay or otherwise.
19. Any prizes relating to the Challenge exclude the employees and their immediate families of Love to Ride, and of any staff from partner organisations who are working directly on the Challenge programme. The staff working in the ‘Travel Demand’ and ‘Walking and Cycling’ Teams at Auckland Transport will not be eligible for prizes, however, the rest of Auckland Transport’s staff are eligible.
20. The results and prize winners’ details, including cinema ticket winners’ will be made available for a period of six weeks from the end of the Challenge period.If the winner does not wish to accept a prize or if contact is not able to be made with the winner within 21 days of the prize draw, the winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and a new winner will be chosen by Love to Ride.
21. The official Challenge results and prize winners will be announced and published on the Challenge website within 2 weeks after the Challenge has ended. Up until this point, results are not final and are subject to change at any time.
22. Any photos and stories uploaded on the Challenge website may be viewed by the general public. Love to Ride reserves the right to use any photos or stories uploaded on the website for promotional purposes and share them on other websites including social media.
24. To claim their prize, proof of age and identity may be required by the winner.
25. Prize winners may be required to participate in publicity and promotional activities.
26. Love to Ride's decisions regarding Challenge results, winners and prizes is final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
27. Love to Ride reserves the right to substitute any prizes for a prize of an equal, lesser or greater value in the event of circumstances beyond its control. No cash or alternative prizes are available.
28. Love to Ride and its project partners are not liable in any way for any misinformation, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the Challenge, Challenge website or prizes offered. It cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered as a result of accepting or experiencing any prize.
29. The trip to Croatia or Vancouver will work as follows. This prize is available globally to anyone who logs a ride on Love to Ride between April 1 2016 and March 31 2017. Anyone who logs a ride in that period will go into a random drawing for this prize. The winner will be able to choose which destination they would like to travel to. The winner will be able to choose their own flights and itinary. The prize includes a budget contribution towards flights of US$1,500 and a contribution towards accommodation and activities of US$1,500, totalling US$3,000.
30. Love to Ride reserves the right to amend or cancel any aspect of the Challenge without notice including the Terms and Conditions.
31. The first 50 Auckland businesses who register 10 or more new staff for the 2017 Auckland Bike Challenge or Aotearoa Bike Challenge from September 1 2016 will receive either a standing bike pump or bike tool set. Auckland Transport is not eligible to win these prizes. Prizes apply to Auckland businesses only. Auckland Transport will determine whether winning businesses receive a standing bike pump or bike tool set. Auckland Transport will contact the winners directly. Auckland Transport’s decisions regarding the winners and these prizes are final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
1. There are 600 cinema ticket vouchers available. They will be allocated to the first people who meet the terms and conditions outlined below. Each participant can receive up to a maximum of 3 cinema tickets.
2. The vouchers will be allocated ‘New Cyclists’
3. New Cyclists are defined as participants who ride a bike for the first time in a year for at least 10 minutes during the Challenge period and record their trip.
6. Survey responses will be used to categorise who is classed as a ‘New Cyclist’. First responses to this survey are final and cannot be amended once completed.
7. The vouchers are redeemable at the cinema stated on the voucher received and have a fixed validity period.
8. Cinema tickets will be delivered to the eligible winners within 6 weeks of the Challenge ending. Love to Ride are not responsible for any cinema tickets which are lost or void through damage, postal delivery or otherwise.
1. At the end of the Challenge period, organisations and departments which are in first, second, or third position for their size category may be requested to provide written confirmation from their organisation's HR department or a senior manager to confirm the exact number of staff that are employed in the winning organisation or department.
2. The teams in first, second and third place will be awarded a Challenge certificate.
3. The teams in first place will receive a team prize as detailed on the Prizes page of the website.
4. Where two or more teams achieve equal highest percentage of staff participation, the winning team will be decided upon which team has achieved the highest percentage of non-cyclists (a non-cyclist is defined as someone who hasn't cycled at all in the 12 months before registering or has cycled only a few times in the year before the Challenge).
5. Where two or more teams have achieved an equal percentage of non-cyclists, the winner will be decided by which one has achieved the highest percentage of occasional cyclists.
6. Where two or more teams have achieved an equal percentage of occasional cyclists, the winner will be drawn at random.
1. The staff number is defined as the total number of paid or unpaid people employed within an organisation or department during the Challenge period, i.e. not just those participating in the Challenge. Part-time staff are included in the staff count. A Full Time Equivalent (FTE) staff count should not be used.
2. Only staff members who are on maternity leave, long-term sick leave, sabbatical, other long term leave, or based outside of the project area for the full duration of the Challenge period may be excluded from the staff number.
3. The Challenge is specifically for staff members of an organisation, this does not extend to students or pupils where they exist within the participating organisation.
4. The deadline for confirming a team's staff number is 23:59 on the day after the Challenge has ended.
5. It is the responsibility of the organisation or department’s Challenge Champion to ensure that staff numbers are correct.
6. Where a Challenge Champion fails to confirm a team's staff number before the deadline, it will be at Love to Ride's discretion as to whether any further changes will be allowed.
7. Should a change in staff number in the last week of the Challenge result in a change in position on the results page/leaderboard, the decision will go in favour of any team that have been overtaken, as opposed to a team that has climbed the leader board by a late change in staff number.
Data Protection Statement
1. Participants’ information will be held by Love to Ride and its project partners. Data collected will be used by Love to Ride and its project partners to evaluate the programme and to demonstrate the impact it has on participants, as well as inform planning and policy decisions.
2. Love to Ride and its project partners will use personal information submitted on registration to provide information or services relating to the Challenge programme. Personal data used will include name, email address, GPS data and other supplied information.
3. When users are logged into this website, the full name and organisation of another user will be visible. All individual and organisation profile pages will be accessible to all users logged into this website. Full names can be accessed but no contact details will be publicly viewable or accessible.
4. Love to Ride is a global service and by storing your personal data on the site and sharing your profile with other Love to Ride users you give consent for your personal data to be transferred overseas.
5. Participants can opt out of receiving communications from Love to Ride at any time.
6. Love to Ride and its project partners will not pass on any personal information to third parties without your consent.
- We will not give your contact details to any third parties without your consent – only Love to Ride, Auckland Transport and NZTA will be able to contact you by default.
DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
- Participants' information will be held by Love to Ride and its project partners, Auckland Transport (AT), New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA).
- Love to Ride, AT and NZTA will comply with the relevant New Zealand legislation regarding data storage, use and communication.
- Love to Ride and its project partners will use personal information submitted on registration to provide information or services relating to the Aotearoa Bike Challenge and other Love to Ride NZ programmes. Personal data used will include name, email address and other supplied information.
- When users are logged into this website, the full name and organisation of another user will be visible. All individual and organisation profile pages will be viewable to all users of this website. Full names can be accessed but no contact details will be publicly viewable or accessible.
- Participants can opt out of receiving communications from Love to Ride at any time.
- Love to Ride and its project partners will not pass on any contact information (e.g. email addresses) to third parties without getting your consent first.
Personal information relates to individuals and includes any information or opinion about them. Personal information can include a name, address, phone number, email address or any information from which a person's identity can be reasonably ascertained.
How we will use your personal information:
- Purpose of collection: To build a comprehensive database of bike riders in New Zealand, to deliver the National Cycle Challenge, carry out comprehensive, targeted participant research, statistical analysis and to target various audiences with follow-up interventions, to enable people to use the Love to Ride web platform.
- Intended recipients: The intended recipients of the personal information collected are Love to Ride, AT, NZTA, and in some cases other organisations (e.g. local councils may receive survey responses from local riders, but not contact information without your consent).
- Supply: The supply of this information is voluntary. The personal information you provide will enable your participation in the Challenge to be assessed. You may not be eligible for any prizes if you do not provide the information.
- Access / Correction of information: Your personal information may be accessed by you, Love to Ride, AT and NZTA. You have the right to correct any information that has been provided. If you would like to correct the information please contact the organisations listed below or edit this information via the 'settlings' link on your profile page.
- Storage: The information is collected by Love to Ride (52 Park Street, Bristol, BS1 5JN) and will be held by Love to Ride, AT and NZTA (50 Victoria St, Wellington, 6141, NZ).
- Anonymised participant data that doesn’t contain any contact information may also be passed on to other organisations (e.g. local councils) for the purposes of improving cycling.
Email Opt Out
- 1. To opt out of receiving communications from Love to Ride at any time, go to your profile at www.lovetoride.net/auckland/user_profiles/mine, click on the ‘settings’ link and then check ‘Unsubscribe from all Love to Ride emails' or email : email@example.com. Alternatively, click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link on any email communication received from Love to Ride.
- 2. If you opted into receiving cycling updates from Auckland Transport at registration, you can opt out of receiving these emails by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails. Alternatively you can visit your Auckland Transport account and update your preferences.
The promoter is: Love to Ride Ltd, Floor 3, 52 Park Street, Bristol, BS1 2JN, UK
Got any questions?
If you have any questions or comments about these Terms of Service, you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Got any questions?
If you have any questions or comments about these Terms of Service, you can contact us at:
Love to Ride Ltd, Level 2, 52 Park Street, Bristol, BS1 5JN, UK