What is the Auckland Bike Challenge?
The Auckland Bike Challenge is a fun, free competition to encourage your colleagues to experience first hand joys and benefits of riding a bike. There are lots of fantastic prizes on offer to tempt your team, which we'll announce as the Challenge approaches!
How it works
It’s all about participation – which workplaces can get the most people to ride a bike for just 10 minutes or more? Auckland businesses will compete against each other to see who can get the most staff to ride a bike during the Challenge - 1-28 February.
It’s not about who can ride the most kilometres, but who can encourage the most people to give bicycling a try. You can earn more chances at individual prizes for encouraging others to ride, and the team contest is all about getting as many of your colleagues to ride a bike as you can!
Why Take part?
You and your colleagues can win some great prizes!
What are the benefits to your organisation?
- A fun activity for your whole team
- A friendly competition between staff teams and other local organisations
- Generate community benefits (environmental, health, congestion, etc.)
- Prize incentives including movie ticket vouchers, local restaurant vouchers, bike gear, and more!
- All this and it's entirely FREE for your company and staff
How to take part
Follow these four steps:
- Register on this website, it's free. Register here
- Ride a bike anywhere, anytime for at least 10 minutes during the Challenge (February 1-28 2017)
- Record your ride on this site and tell your friends and coworkers about the Challenge.
- Reward yourself and your friends by winning prizes!
Organizations and departments will compete against those of a similar size for a fair chance of winning. There are six size categories: 2000+ staff, 500-1,999 staff, 200-499 staff, 50-199 staff, 20-49 staff, 7-19 staff, and 3-6 staff.
Your participation will count towards your department's and your organization's score - the % of your total staff that participate in the challenge (say, 100 out of your 250 total employees, or 40% of your staff) is how you'll compete with other companies and departments.
The Aotearoa Bike Challenge
Thanks for the success of the Auckland Bike Challenge, the Challenge has gone national. The 'Aotearoa Bike Challenge' is available to all New Zealanders aged 16+.
Workplaces from across the country will compete on national and local leaderboards to see which can get the most workmates to enjoy a bike ride in February. The Auckland Bike Challenge is a part of the Aotearoa Bike Challenge. They both happen at the same time, and the websites are linked together to share results and stats, etc.
More info at www.lovetoride.net/nz
We're giving away some great prizes! Find out what you can win
Got more questions?
Review our Frequently Asked Questions