Workplaces - National Bike Challenge
We want to support you, your coworkers, and your organization to gain all the benefits of riding.
As you know, biking has so many benefits! From being healthier and happier, to being more energized and productive, to taking fewer sick days and being more sustainable.
You can also compete on special industry leaderboards to see where you organization is ranking in your industry nationally:
Overview - the Workplace Bike Challenge
- With an organization profile, your workplace can take part in the global Cycle September workplace challenge as part of the the National Bike Challenge
- Organizations will compete against others of a similar staff size (so it's a level playing field)
- Each individual and organization will earn points as pictured below. The more points you earn by riding and by encouraging others to ride too, the higher up the leaderboard your organization will go
- There will be great prizes that you and your coworkers can win
- Marketing and promotion materials provided
You earn points by:
- Riding; and
- Encouraging others to ride
Workplace points are the sum of all of the individual members’ points.
The points system has been carefully developed, tried and tested, over the last four years to ensure a fair and exciting competition, and to strongly encourage workplaces to engage new riders and potential riders if they want to secure victory. Here’s how individual points are earned:
1 mile = 1 point
1 day = 10 points
1 existing rider encouraged = 50 points
1 new rider encourager = 100 points
How do encourager points work?
Encourager points are awarded when a rider logs a ride and then names a fellow rider in the popup.
Encourager points are based on the insight that effective behavior change happens when someone in our social circle knows about, and is invested in our goals.
How to Take Part
- Register on the website (or log in if you've registered on Love to Ride before)
- Register or join your organization
- Ride a bike anywhere, anytime, during the Challenge
- Record your rides on the website (or via an app) to earn points
- Recruit your coworkers and friends to ride and join in too
- Go into the prize drawing!
Businesses have much to gain be encouraging and supporting you and your coworkers to ride. That’s why we want to work with your coworkers in HR, sustainability, staff engagement, and employee transportation to provide a comprehensive program of encouragement, including providing functionality to reward and incentivise people like you and your coworkers to ride.
Naturally, there is a small fee to cover our staff time to support you and your coworkers to ride and participate in the Challenge. The ROI is massive for your company due to all the benefits it will bring and the cost of participation being very reasonable.
Learn more about Love to Ride for Business here - and the features and benefits you get.
Let's get more of your coworkers enjoying the benefits of riding!