- Love to Ride is a website for encouraging more people to cycle more often.
- We will not give your contact details to any third parties other than to our project partners who we are working with on project delivery.
- We aim to communicate with you by email as little as possible and only with relevant or important information.
- You can unsubscribe from Love to Ride emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or changing your email preferences in your settings.
- You are responsible for observing the rules of the road and ensuring that the bicycle you ride is in a roadworthy condition.
- We are not responsible for your safety on a bike and do not accept responsibility for any injury sustained or property damaged in the course of your participation with Love to Ride. You need to take the appropriate steps to ensure you ride safely and happily.
We care about your privacy
We will not give your contact details to any third parties other than to our project partners who we are working with on project delivery. Any communication from our partners to you will be via email from the Love to Ride website.
For our users in the European Union and the United Kingdom, we also have an additional ‘Transparency Notice’ which we’ve put together to make it clear how we are meeting the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You can read the Transparency Notice here.
You must be aged 13 or over to use lovetoride.net
Love to Ride is only for people who are at least 13 years old. We're sorry but it's a legal thing and we're not yet geared up to protect younger folks.
Your parents or guardians may register you on Love to Ride on your behalf and they agree that they will accompany you as you both look at and use Love to Ride together.
We expect you to play nicely
Love to Ride is a social platform focused on encouraging more people to cycle so it's important that people 'play nicely'. We won't tolerate abusive comments, content or behaviour and reserve the right to remove/edit/respond to content or remove the account of anyone who is not playing nicely with other Love to Ride users or who posts offending, inappropriate, inaccurate or infringing content.
We run online events and competitions
Online events and competitions will be run on the website. In some cases you will automatically be entered into an event if you interact with the website during a particular competition period. This means that you may be entered into any prize draws and by interacting with the site you agree to the terms and conditions of these specific events.
You are responsible for your own content
When you use Love to Ride it's up to you to take responsibility for the content that you add. You need to check that you have the rights to upload any photos or images to the website. We are not responsible for the content that users add on lovetoride.net.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Love to Ride Ltd the organisation that provides Love to Ride, or its suppliers, licensors, local partners, project partners, employer partners, clients or supporters be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for i any special, incidental or consequential damages; ii any injury or accident you have; or iii for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Love to Ride Ltd, its contractors, licensors, Local Partners, Project Partners, employer partners, clients and supporters and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of Love to Ride and your use of a bicycle or any experience or incident you have with a bicycle or a cyclist. You cycle at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that the bicycles you ride are in a roadworthy condition. You are responsible for observing the rules of the road and cycling in a safe and careful manner. We care about you, so please take care of yourself.
User Agreement Changes
Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell any part of lovetoride.net is very naughty and strictly prohibited.
All content and materials available on lovetoride.net, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of lovetoride.net, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by lovetoride.net.
Termination of Use
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of loveotride.net and its resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
Love to Ride is controlled by Love to Ride Ltd from our offices located in Bristol, UK. It can be accessed by most countries around the world. As each country has laws that may differ from those of the United Kingdom, by accessing our website, you agree that the statutes and laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
Furthermore, any action to enforce this User Agreement shall be brought in the Courts of the United Kingdom. You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
We will automatically put you into the drawing for prizes when you do activities on the site that result in you being eligible to win. For example, when you register, record rides, and encourage others.
Love to Ride and its project partners are not liable in any way for any damages, expenses, misinformation, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with any prizes offered. It cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered as a result of accepting or experiencing any prize.
Love to Ride are not responsible for any element of any donated, gifted or funded holidays that are awarded as a prize, including bookings, travel, insurance, or any personal loss or injury or any losses or injuries resulting from activity undertaken at any time travelling to or from or during the excursion.
- We will not give your contact details to any third parties without your consent – only Love to Ride and NZTA will be able to contact you by default.
- For many of our Challenges, competitions, promotions, and prize drawings, organisations which are in the cycling industry and their staff are not eligible to win. This is because many of our leaderboards would be lead by organisations in the cycling industry and a key aim of ours is to encourage more non-riders to ride (which of course is good for the cycling industry!). There are cycling industry specific leaderboards which cycling organisations will compete on.
DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
- Participants' information will be held by Love to Ride and its project partners, New Zealand Tranport Agency (NZTA).
- Both Love to Ride and NZTA will comply with the relevant New Zealand legislation regarding data storage, use and communication.
- Love to Ride and its project partners will use personal information submitted on registration to provide information or services relating to the Love to Ride NZ programme. Personal data used will include name, email address and other supplied information.
- When users are logged into this website, the full name and organisation of another user will be visible. All individual and organisation profile pages will be viewable to all users of this website. Full names can be accessed but no contact details will be publicly viewable or accessible.
- Participants can opt out of receiving communications from Love to Ride and its project partners at any time.
- Love to Ride and its project partners will not pass on any contact information (e.g. email addresses) to third parties without getting your consent first.
Personal information relates to individuals and includes any information or opinion about them. Personal information can include a name, address, phone number, email address or any information from which a person's identity can be reasonably ascertained.
How we will use your personal information:
- Purpose of collection: To build a comprehensive database of bike riders in New Zealand, to deliver the National Cycle Challenge, carry out comprehensive, targeted participant research, statistical analysis and to target various audiences with follow-up interventions, to enable people to use the Love to Ride web platform.
- Intended recipients: The intended recipients of the personal information collected are Love to Ride, NZTA, and in some cases other organisations (e.g. local councils may receive survey responses from local riders, but not contact information without your concent).
- Supply: The supply of this information is voluntary. The personal information you provide will enable your participation in the Challenge to be assessed. You may not be eligible for any prizes if you do not provide the information.
- Access / Correction of information: Your personal information may be accessed by you, Love to Ride and NZTA. You have the right to correct any information that has been provided. If you would like to correct the information please contact the organisations listed below or edit this information via the 'settlings' link on your profile page.
- Storage: The information is collected by Love to Ride (52 Park Street, Bristol, BS1 5JN) and will be held by Love to Ride and NZTA (50 Victoria St, Wellington, 6141, NZ).
- Annonymised participant data that doesn’t contain any contact information may also be passed on to other organisations (e.g. local concils) for the purposes of improving cycling.
EMAIL OPT OUT
- To opt out of receiving communications from Love to Ride or the project partners at any time, go to your profile at www.lovetoride.net/nz/user_profiles/mine?local..., click on the 'settings' link and then check 'Unsubscribe from all Love to Ride emails' or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, click on the 'unsubscribe' link on any email communication received.
Got any questions?
If you have any questions or comments about these Terms of Service, you can contact us at:
Love to Ride Ltd, Level 2, 52 Park Street, Bristol, BS1 5JN, UK