What is the Aotearoa Bike Challenge?
The Aotearoa Bike Challenge is a fun, free competition to encourage your colleagues to experience first hand joys and benefits of riding a bike. There are lots of fantastic prizes on offer to tempt your team, which we'll announce as the Challenge approaches!
How it works
It’s all about who can get the most staff riding and encouraging others to ride to get valuable points 1-28 February.
Every point matters and everyone can contribute to their company's total points! You can earn more chances at individual prizes for encouraging others to ride, and the team contest is all about getting as many of your colleagues to ride a bike as you can!
Why Take part?
You and your colleagues can win some great prizes!
What are the benefits to your organisation?
- A fun activity for your whole team
- A friendly competition between staff teams and other local organisations
- Generate community benefits (environmental, health, congestion, etc.)
- Prize incentives including movie ticket vouchers, local restaurant vouchers, bike gear, and more!
- All this and it's entirely FREE for your company and staff
How to take part
Follow these four steps:
- Register on this website, it's free. Register here
- Ride a bike anywhere, anytime for at least 10 minutes during the Challenge (1-28 February)
- Record your ride on this site and tell your friends and coworkers about the Challenge.
- Reward yourself and your friends by winning prizes!
Organizations and departments will compete against those of a similar size for a fair chance of winning. There are seven size categories: 2000+ staff, 500-1,999 staff, 200-499 staff, 50-199 staff, 20-49 staff, 7-19 staff, and 3-6 staff.
Your participation will count towards your department's and your organization's points tally. Earning points through riding and encouraging others to ride is how you'll compete with other companies and departments.
We're giving away some great prizes! Find out what you can win
Got more questions?
Review our Frequently Asked Questions