Light the Night this November!
The clocks have gone back and the days are getting shorter, so it's more important than ever to make sure that you can see and be seen when you're out on your bike.
This November, we've teamed up with our friends Proviz and Beryl to offer weekly prizes to help you to do just that. All you need to do to take part is share a story or a picture.
UK Coronavirus Lockdown
As of Thursday 5 November, the whole of the UK will be in some level of lockdown. Everyone is encouraged to stay home, save lives and protect the NHS. Daily exercise is encouraged to maintain physical and mental health and cycling is a great way to do this in a safe, socially distanced way. Check out our Ride Healthy website if you're new to riding or want to promote cycling in your area.
If you are a key worker and/or can't work from home, cycling frees up space on public transport for those who can't ride, incorporates exercise into your day, is very low cost and good for the environment. We've got lots of support to help you ride, including our Urban Cycling Skills webinar (register to find out about future webinars) and the Ride Healthy site. Get in touch if you have any questions or if there's anything we can do to help you go by bike.
During the first lockdown there was a 300% increase in cycling in some places in the UK. Many people reported finding quieter roads much more enjoyable to ride on. Traffic levels are likely to be much lower than usual this month, so if you haven't ridden in winter before, now is a great opportunity to give it a go.
In December we will run our cycling advent calendar for grown-ups, Winter Wheelers, with daily prizes for riding. Join us for some fun and healthy light relief - it's going to be a tough few months so let's ride it out together. Take care out there 🚲 💚
Keep riding through Winter with Winter Wheelers. With the right gear and guidance, riding in winter can be just as much fun and even more rewarding.
What is Winter Wheelers?
Every day you ride from 1-25 December you will enter the draw for winter cycling goodies!
Ride anywhere, anytime in December to win prizes from Proviz, Beryl and Loffi
- Confirm participation by Monday 30 November to win a £750 local bike shop voucher
- Enjoy a ride 1-25 December
- Log a ride by 3pm the following day, or connect an app, to enter the draw
How can I take part?
- Anyone, anywhere can register for Love to Ride. You can record your mileage, set yourself goals and earn badges too. By riding in December you'll unlock exclusive discounts from Proviz, Beryl and Loffi.
- We're working directly with your Local Authority so participation is free in your area - as well as exclusive discounts you'll also enter the prize draw for great gear, brand new bikes and local bike shop vouchers.
Will there be prizes?
Yes! For participants within our local authority funded areas or members of Love to Ride Business there will be prizes to win everyday of Winter Wheelers.
Check out our prizes page to see what you can win this month.
Why take part?
Winter Wheelers is a fun cycling campaign to reward you for riding when you otherwise might not! You can keep track of how many miles you clock up, take part with your local cycling club or group and bag great gear to help see you through the rest of winter.
Follow us on Social
- For daily prize winner announcements
- exclusive prize giveaways
- and to help us grow the Love to Ride community!