The Aotearoa Bike Challenge
The Aotearoa Bike Challenge returns this February 2022!
This February, thousands of individuals and businesses across the New Zealand will be enjoying all the benefits of bike riding.
What's the Aotearoa Bike Challenge all about?
In February individuals and workplaces compete nationally to earn the most points by riding and encouraging others to do the same.
You can ride anywhere, anytime during from February - just a 10 minute ride is enough to take part.
- Enjoy a ride
- Log it here or connect your favourite cycling app (Strava or Map My Ride)
- Earn points, climb the leaderboards and win prizes!
How can I take part?
You can take part in three ways:
- As an individual - you'll enter the draw for prizes and compete with others on the individual leaderboards
- With a workplace - your company will compete on the workplace leaderboards to earn the most points. You'll enter the drawings for individual prizes and help your company win too. Learn more about taking part with a workplace.
- With a club/group - clubs aren't eligible for any workplace prizes but are a great way to keep track of how much riding you and your friends can do as part of the challenge
How do I earn points?
Earn points as an individual by:
- Encouraging others to ride - (learn more about encouraging)
If you're competing as part of a workplace, your workplace points will be the sum of all points earned by every employee taking part at your company on Love to Ride.
You don't have to be a bike commuter to take part - all types of rides count towards your team's score!
Points mean prizes!
Riding and encouraging others will earn you points, and your points put you in the running for the amazing prizes.
The Aotearoa Challenge finishes on Feburary 28th. After that we give you 48 hours to log your remaining February rides. This is a good opportunity to check your profile and make sure everything looks good before results are finalised! Make sure it's all logged before 11:59pm on 2 March. After March, the Love to Ride team will go into full audit mode and check all of the leaderboards and then announce the amazing local and national Aotearoa Bike Challenge winners!