What is the WA Bike Month Challenge?
The WA Bike Month Challenge is a fun, free riding challenge to encourage more people to enjoy the benefits of two wheels.
You can ride anywhere, anytime in November. Bike Month is now in November to align with Spring time.
You and your workmates will earn points by riding and by encouraging others to join in and ride too.
Points = Prizes! The more points you earn, the more chances you have of winning some awesome prizes.
Already ride? This is an ideal way to have some fun with your friends and co-workers and see who can earn the most points by riding and encouraging others to ride in November.
New to riding? You probably already know that riding a bike can bring you so many benefits (from improved fitness and health, to feeling happier and less stressed). The Challenge is a great way to rediscover the benefits of riding. With great prizes and support from colleagues and friends to help you to get back in the saddle and enjoying some rides.
It's completely free to join and is open to everyone who lives or works in Western Australia.
How to take part
Follow these five steps:
- Register on this website, it's free. Register here
- Ride a bike anywhere, anytime (for at least 10 minutes) between 1-30 November 2019
- Record your rides here (you can also use an app (e.g. Strava))
- Recruit your friends and workmates to also join the Challenge
- Reward yourself - go in the draw to win prizes
Earn points for you and your workplace every time you ride or sign someone up to be part of the WA Bike Month Challenge:
You earn points by riding and encouraging others to ride as per above.
Individuals are welcome to take part as part of their workplace team, or they can ride solo, or with a club or group of friends.
Your organisation earns points for all the people you get to join your organisation and all the riding you all do.
The top workplaces in each of the 7 size categories will win prizes as well.
Workplace Team Sizes
Organisations and departments will compete against those of a similar size for a fair chance of winning. There are 7 size categories: 2,000+ staff, 500-1,999 staff, 200-499 staff, 50-199 staff, 20-49 staff, 7-19 staff, 3-6 staff.
Your participation will count towards your department's and your organisation's score.
Organizations across WA will compete against each other to see which can earn the most points.
We also have leaderboards for the top riders, e.g. Most Points, Most KMs, Most Commutes, Most Commute Miles, Top Encouragers.
What are the benefits to your organisation?
- Free for all employees
- A fun activity for your whole team
- A friendly competition between teams and other local organisations
- Healthier staff = fewer sick days
- Help reduce traffic and parking problems
Why take part?
There are a bike load of reasons to participate:
- Achieve your goals - Use the Challenge as motivation to enjoy riding more. Set goals, earn badges, cheer each other on, enjoy some friendly rivalry with your friends, neighbours, and colleagues
- You want a bike friendly world – Show your support for biking and a healthier, happier world
- Win prizes! - We've got some great prizes that you can win by participating
- Compete on leaderboards - if a little friendly competition gets your motor-running/legs-crankings, then we have a host of leaderboards for you to enjoy
- Enjoy building community - connect with your friends, co-workers and fellow riders. Share your stories and your photos and encourage each other to enjoy riding
- Let's get more people riding and smiling - your participation helps to show how many people ride, and you can also encourage non-riding friends and co-workers to get back on a bike. More people riding helps to get biking infrastructure built and helps our communities become more bike friendly