- Love to Ride is a website for encouraging more people to cycle more often.
- We will not give your contact details to any third parties other than to our project partners who we are working with on project delivery.
- We aim to communicate with you by email as little as possible and only with relevant or important information.
- You can unsubscribe from Love to Ride emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or changing your email preferences in your settings.
- You are responsible for observing the rules of the road and ensuring that the bicycle you ride is in a roadworthy condition.
- We are not responsible for your safety on a bike and do not accept responsibility for any injury sustained or property damaged in the course of your participation with Love to Ride. You need to take the appropriate steps to ensure you ride safely and happily.
We care about your privacy
We will not give your contact details to any third parties other than to our project partners who we are working with on project delivery. Any communication from our partners to you will be via email from the Love to Ride website.
For our users in the European Union and the United Kingdom, we also have an additional ‘Transparency Notice’ which we’ve put together to make it clear how we are meeting the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You can read the Transparency Notice here.
You must be aged 16 or over to use lovetoride.net
Love to Ride is only for people who are at least 16 years old. We're sorry but it's a legal thing and we're not yet geared up to protect younger folks.
We expect you to play nicely
Love to Ride is a social platform focused on encouraging more people to cycle so it's important that people 'play nicely'. We won't tolerate abusive comments, content or behaviour and reserve the right to remove/edit/respond to content or remove the account of anyone who is not playing nicely with other Love to Ride users or who posts offending, inappropriate, inaccurate or infringing content.
We run online events and competitions
Online events and competitions will be run on the website. In some cases you will automatically be entered into an event if you interact with the website during a particular competition period. This means that you may be entered into any prize draws and by interacting with the site you agree to the terms and conditions of these specific events.
You are responsible for your own content
When you use Love to Ride it's up to you to take responsibility for the content that you add. You need to check that you have the rights to upload any photos or images to the website. We are not responsible for the content that users add on lovetoride.net.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Love to Ride Ltd the organisation that provides Love to Ride, or its suppliers, licensors, local partners, project partners, clients or supporters be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for i any special, incidental or consequential damages; ii any injury or accident you have; or iii for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Love to Ride Ltd, its contractors, licensors, Local Partners, clients and supporters and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of Love to Ride and your use of a bicycle or any experience or incident you have with a bicycle or a cyclist. You cycle at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that the bicycles you ride are in a roadworthy condition. You are responsible for observing the rules of the road and cycling in a safe and careful manner. We care about you, so please take care of yourself.
User Agreement Changes
Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell any part of lovetoride.net is very naughty and strictly prohibited.
All content and materials available on lovetoride.net, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of lovetoride.net, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by lovetoride.net.
Termination of Use
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of loveotride.net and its resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
Love to Ride is controlled by Love to Ride Ltd from our offices located in Bristol, UK. It can be accessed by most countries around the world. As each country has laws that may differ from those of the United Kingdom, by accessing our website, you agree that the statutes and laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
Furthermore, any action to enforce this User Agreement shall be brought in the Courts of the United Kingdom. You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
We will automatically put you into the drawing for prizes when you do activities on the site that result in you being eligible to win. For example, when you register, record rides, and encourage others.
Love to Ride and its project partners are not liable in any way for any damages, expenses, misinformation, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with any prizes offered. It cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered as a result of accepting or experiencing any prize.
Love to Ride are not responsible for any element of any donated, gifted or funded holidays that are awarded as a prize, including bookings, travel, insurance, or any personal loss or injury or any losses or injuries resulting from activity undertaken at any time travelling to or from or during the excursion.
Terms and Conditions - Sydney Rides Challenge
- The Sydney Rides Challenge runs between 1 March and 31 March, 2017 ('the Challenge period').
- Only people aged 16+ located within the boundaries of Sydney will be eligible for prizes
- Registration is free via the Sydney Rides Challenge website or the paper Registration Form.
- Bike shops are welcome to join the Challenge but are not eligible to win a team prize/award.
- Individuals can only register once on the site.
- Registrations can continue throughout the duration of the Challenge period. The closing date for registrations and for recording any outstanding trips from the Challenge period is 24 hours after the end of the Challenge.
- A valid cycle trip is defined as a participant cycling for a minimum of 10 minutes or 1 km on a pedal bicycle. Cycle trips are counted as one trip when a 10 minute gap occurs between the end of one cycled distance and the start of the next cycled distance. Valid cycle trips do not include the use of motorcycles, scooters or stationary cycles. Cycle trips made via electric bikes are valid for the Challenge.
- Cycle trips must occur within the Challenge period to contribute to the individual results in the Challenge.
- Cycle trips must be recorded via www.lovetoride.net/sydney or on the paper Registration Form. If trips are not recorded in this way, they will not contribute to the results.
- Participants need to register themselves on the website or on the hard copy registration form at Love to Ride or City of Sydney run try-a-bike events and agree to terms and conditions themselves. The exception to this is if someone has a disability and they need some assistance to complete the registration online.
- Only trips completed within the Challenge period will contribute to the individual's profile and/or team's results for the Challenge. Cycle trips completed within the Challenge period can be recorded retrospectively 24 hours after the official end of the Challenge at 23:59 on 31 March 2016.
- All participants take part in the Challenge at their own risk. All participants are responsible for ensuring that the bicycles they ride are in a roadworthy condition and are responsible for observing the rules of the Australian Road Code. NB: Neither the project partners, the City of Sydney, Love to Ride, your employer or any sponsors or promoters of the Challenge accept responsibility for any injury sustained or property damaged in the course of anyone's participation in the Challenge.
- Love to Ride shall not be held responsible for any late, incomplete, corrupted, incorrect or illegible registrations as a result of any software or hardware failure, postal delay or otherwise.
- Any prizes relating to the Challenge exclude the employees and their immediate families of Love to Ride, its partners or anyone professionally connected with the Challenge.
- The results and prize winners' details, including cinema ticket winners will be made available for a period of six weeks from the end of the Challenge period.
- The official Challenge results and prize winners will be announced and published on the Challenge website on Thursday 7 April. Up until this point, results are not final and are subject to change at any time.
- Any photos and stories uploaded on the Challenge website may be viewed by the general public. Love to Ride reserves the right to use any photos or stories uploaded on the website for promotional purposes.
- To claim their prize, proof of age and identity may be required from the winner.
- Prize winners may be required to participate in publicity and promotional activities.
- Love to Ride's decisions regarding Challenge results, winners and prizes are final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Love to Ride reserves the right to substitute any prizes for a prize of an equal, lesser or greater value in the event of circumstances beyond its control. No cash or alternative prizes are available.
- We may contact you via email, phone and mail about the Challenge.
- Love to Ride, City of Sydney, your employer, sponsors and project partners are not liable in any way for any misinformation, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the Challenge, Challenge website or prizes offered. It cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered as a result of accepting or experiencing any prize.
- Love to Ride reserves the right to amend or cancel any aspect of the Challenge without notice.
- The major prizes are available for all participants who rides and logs their trips during the challenge period (1-31 March 2017)
- New Riders are defined as participants who ride a bike for the first time in a year for at least 10 minutes during the Challenge period and record their trip.
- Survey responses will be used to categorise who is classed as a 'New Rider'. First responses to this survey are final and cannot be amended once completed.
- Love to Ride and the City will check the rides logged by each of the winning participants to ensure there are no abnormalities in the data.
- Each of the winning participants will be required to sign a declaration to confirm that their rides logged are accurate.
- On Friday of each week during March 2017 a random draw will be conducted with all participants who have logged at least 1 trip during the challenge period.
- The winners will be contacted either by email or phone.
Data Protection Statement
- Participants' information will be held by Love to Ride and its project partners (City of Sydney) in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Data collected will be used by Love to Ride to evaluate the programme and to demonstrate the impact it has on participants.
- Both the City of Sydney and Love to Ride will comply with the relevant Australian legislation regarding data storage, use and communication, including the Spam Act of 2003.
- Love to Ride and its project partners will use personal information submitted on registration to provide information or services relating to the Sydney Rides Challenge programme. Personal data used will include name, email address and other supplied information.
- When users are logged into this website, the full name and organisation of another user will be visible. All individual and organisation profile pages will be accessible to all users logged into this website. Full names can be accessed but no contact details will be publicly viewable or accessible.
- Participants can opt out of receiving communications from Love to Ride and its project partners at any time.
- Love to Ride and its project partners will not pass on any personal information to third parties.
PrivacyPersonal information relates to individuals and includes any information or opinion about them. Personal information can include a name, address, phone number, email address or any information from which a person's identity can be reasonably ascertained.
The Council of the City of Sydney is bound by the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009, the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002. These acts regulate the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal informatio
How we will use your personal information:
- Purpose of collection: To build a comprehensive database of bike riders in Sydney, to carry out comprehensive, targeted participant research and to target various audiences with follow-up interventions, to enable people to use the Love to Ride web platform.
- Intended recipients: The intended recipients of the personal information collected are Love to Ride and The Council of the City of Sydney.
- Supply: The supply of this information is voluntary. The personal information you provide will enable your participation in the Challenge to be assessed. You may not be eligible for any prizes if you do not provide the information.
- Access / Correction of information: Your personal information may be accessed by you, Love to Ride and The Council of the City of Sydney. Some information may be accessed under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW). You have the right to correct any information that has been provided. If you would like to correct the information please contact the organisations listed below or edit this information via the 'settlings' link on your profile page.
- Storage: The information is collected by Love to Ride (Level 2, 52 Park Street, Bristol, BS1 5JN, UK) and will be held by Love to Ride and The Council of the City of Sydney (Town Hall House, 456 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW 2000).
Email Opt Out
- To opt out of receiving communications from Love to Ride or the project partners at any time, go to your profile at www.lovetoride.net/sydney/user_profiles/mine?local..., click on the 'settings' link and then check 'Unsubscribe from all Love to Ride emails' or email email@example.com
- Alternatively, click on the 'unsubscribe' link on any email communication received.
The promoter is: Love to Ride, Level 2, 52 Park Street, Bristol, BS1 5JN, UK
Love to Ride
Got any questions?
If you have any questions or comments about these Terms of Service, you can contact us at:
Love to Ride Ltd, Level 2, 52 Park Street, Bristol, BS1 5JN, UK