Be a Carbon Crusher this October!
Did you know transport accounts for 28% of the UK's carbon emissions and private cars are by far the biggest contributor? With 70% of British journeys under 5 miles made by car, the tiny changes we can make to swap motorised transport journeys for pedal power could have a huge impact in helping to address the climate crisis.
This October, and beyond, we're encouraging more people to use a bicycle to get from A to B. To motivate you we've got TWO £300 prizes to spend on gear and accessories to keep you cycling, or to donate to a clean air charity of your choice.
WE RUN A YEAR-ROUND PROGRAMME OF EVENTS:
To help more people experience the benefits of riding.
What's Love to Ride all about?
Riding a bike has significant benefits for you as an individual, our communities and our planet. Riding a bike can help:
- prevent the decline of your immune system in the short and long-term.
- cut the risk of cancer and heart disease by 45%
- boost your mental health, helping to make you feel happier and more connected to your surroundings and less prone to depression than other forms of transport
- reduce stress and anxiety - any form of physical exercise is good for reducing stress. Cycling can help take your mind off problems, or give you a chance to think about things calmly.
- reduce congestion and pollution, which contributes to 40,000 premature deaths annually in the UK
- reduce cost on public health - the NHS could save billions through reduced obesity, diabetes and heart disease
How can I take part?
1. Anyone, anywhere can register for Love to Ride. You can record your mileage, set yourself goals and earn badges too.
2. For our 4 main events, and at other times throughout the year, enjoying a ride and logging it on your Love to Ride profile will enter you into the draw for amazing prizes including brand new bikes, gear, vouchers and more!
Have a question about cycling in the Coronavirus era?
We've pulled together the latest advice on how to keep safe whilst cycling, tips to help you take up cycling and a link to our brand new website that has all the reasons why biking is important as ever! Find out more here.
Follow us on Social
- For daily prize winner announcements
- exclusive prize giveaways
- and to help us grow the Love to Ride community!