Ride to Work Week, 25-31 March
Get ready for our first event of 2019 - Ride to Work Week!
What's it all about?
Riding to work, or part of the way, has significant benefits that will make you happier, healthier and wealthier.
More people riding to work reduces:
- illness and sick leave - cycle commuters are fitter and healthier, taking half the sick leave of their non-cycling colleagues
- stress and anxiety - people who ride to work regularly report improved mental health
- the cost of commuting - the average UK worker spends £146 monthly, or £135,000 over their working life
- the cost of public health - the NHS could save billions through reduced obesity, diabetes and heart disease
- congestion and pollution, which contributes to 40,000 premature deaths annually in the UK
Commuting by bike has many benefits for individuals, organisations and society - plus it's great fun! Join us to reboot your commute and discover the joys and benefits of commuting by bike!
What can I win?
We have amazing prizes up for grabs - last year we had European city breaks and vouchers to spend at local independent businesses. 2019 prizes will be announced soon - keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter!
How to go into the draw
Every day you log a ride to work from 25-31 March you’ll go into our daily draw. Log your ride before midday the following day to go into the prize draw - winners will be announced on Twitter and Facebook at 3pm daily.
If you are using a third-party app such as Ride Report or Strava, make sure you login on the site and set your trip purpose to 'transport to or from work' to ensure you go into the draw.
Not confident enough to ride to work on your own? See if a colleague will ride in with you.
Or are you a seasoned commuter with knowledge and experience to share? Spread the love by offering to accompany a colleague for their first ride to work.
Follow us on Social Media to keep updated