May is Bike Month 2022 was so much fun that SABA and SACOG are excited to introduce a year-round program of biking challenges to keep you riding – BikeSacRegion365! The BikeSacRegion365 program encourages residents in the greater Sacramento region to replace their car trips with bike trips all year long! Log rides for a chance to win prizes in several campaigns throughout the year: May is Bike Month, Biketober, and Winter Wheelers. Join us in boosting your wellbeing and lowering your carbon emissions and contribute to a more inclusive cycling community. Register, log rides, and check out the year-round bicycle event calendar at bikesacregion365.net.
Did you know that nearly half of all trips in the USA are under 3 miles? That’s less than a 20 minute bike ride.
If we could switch a few of our car trips for bike trips, not only would we feel fitter, healthier and happier, but we’d also reduce our emissions and protect our environment. In fact, if we ride 500,000 miles instead of drive, we’ll save over 319,000 lbs of CO2 from entering the atmosphere. That would have taken almost 7,000 trees a whole year to absorb!
Do you think you can ride to half a million and help make a real impact in your community? We know you can! Track our progress on the Mode Shift O'Meter!
Every time you log a ride on your Love to Ride profile you can choose a trip purpose. When you log a ride for transportation to work, a meeting, or another destination, those miles contribute towards our goal of replacing half a million miles of car trips with bike trips.
For those new to Love to Ride:
1. Your first step is to create a profile on Love to Ride to join the BikeSacRegion365 community. At registration, you will be asked some quick questions to gauge your riding level, motivations and barriers.
3. Follow the steps for those already on Love to Ride (below) to get the low-down on ride logging.
For those already on Love to Ride:
1. If you participated in May is Bike Month in 2022 or 2023, you already have a Love to Ride profile. Every time you log a ride on your profile, you will be asked to specify your trip type. If you select 'transport to or from work', 'transport to or from school or university', 'transport to or from another destination' or 'transport to or from meeting', those miles will automatically count towards the transportation trip total.
2. If you use the Love to Ride iOS app, you can edit your trip purpose by clicking the menu on the bottom right corner of your ride then click "change trip purpose."
3. If you are using a ride-logging app such as Strava, your rides may be listed as fun and fitness trips. These can easily be changed on your Love to Ride profile in your list of rides. Scroll to 'Activity' and click 'Edit'.