BIKETOBER IS HERE!
Biketober is happening October 1-31 and you're invited to take part!
Biketober is a fun, free team based competition. There are lots of fantastic prizes being offered to tempt you and your team get out and ride this October.
Will your team beat the 9 other teams in your Pool to come out as champions!?
HOW IT WORKS
You'll form a team of up to 8 people. Teams can be made up of friends and colleagues.
Your team will compete against other teams to see who can ride the most, and encourage others to ride, in October. There are a host of prizes that you can win by jumping on a bike and enjoying the ride.
You and your team earn points for every mile you ride, every day you ride, and for every person you encourage to sign up (they don't have to be in your team - they just have to log a ride in Biketober!). The points system has been carefully selected to ensure a fair and exciting competition, and to strongly encourage teams to engage new riders if they want to climb the leaderboard and secure victory.
You'll compete against 9 other teams in your 'Pool'. This gives you a great chance of coming 1st, 2nd or 3rd in your Pool.
Then, after the 3rd week of Biketober, the top team from each pool will ALSO be put into a special bonus 'Final Sprint' where they'll face all the other leading teams in a playoff to determine the top Biketober team!
You've got all month (October 1-31) to get out and earn points!
So once again, that's:
- Teams of up to 8 people (anyone!)
- Compete against 9 other teams in your pool
- Top teams from each pool will face off at the end of the month
- Lots of great prizes, of course!
Team points are simple - the sum total of all the points earned by their team members - how do you earn individual points? Well...
Users get points for mileage, number of days ridden, and number of people encouraged. Here's how you get encourager points: when someone signs up and logs their first ride for the Challenge a prompt pops up and asks them to identify whether someone in particular encourage them. If they identify you as their encourager, then you get points!
Why sync with Ride Report?
Here are three great reasons to download the Ride Report app:
- It logs your rides automatically! No need to press start or stop. Through the magic of technology, the app knows when you’re riding your bike and automatically logs your rides.
- Help make your city better for riding - The data collected can be used by city and transport planners to inform better bike infrastructure decisions
- Automatically go into our prize draws - Not only do you automatically share your data, but by syncing with Love to Ride you also automatically get entered to win prizes!
HOW TO TAKE PART
Follow these four steps:
- Register on this website, it's free. Register here
- Ride a bike anywhere, anytime between October 1st and 31st.
- Record your rides here and tell your friends and coworkers about the Challenge
- Reward yourself and your friends by winning prizes!
Your team can include anyone (friends, family, colleagues), up to 8 total people.
We're giving away some great prizes! Find out what you can win...