Our six favourite bike health benefits (oh, there are tons more!):
1. Mental Health - Moderate levels of exercise are now a primary prescription to those suffering from depression or high levels of stress, as the natural production of endorphins and their absorption are both greatly improved by cardiovascular exercise (University of Bonn).
2. Max Your Mind - One study found that a 5% increase in cardiovascular fitness led to a 15% boost in mental acuity (Illinois University)
3. Sleep Better - Outdoor exercise facilitates deeper, more restful sleep and reduces the time associated with falling asleep (Stanford University)
4. Immune Booster - Folks who rode 5 days a week for 30 minutes a day took half as many sick days as their sedentary comparison colleagues (University of North Carolina)
5. Heart Health - Regular cycling can reduce your risk of heart disease by 50% (Purdue University)
6. Boost Metabolism - Not only do you get the benefits of riding, but your metabolism gets a boost (and burns a greater number of calories than usual) for hours after you’ve finished.