What is Love to Ride?
An interactive digital community to promote how accessible and inclusive cycling is as a way of getting around.
The community provides Individual, Directorate and GOSH-wide profiles which are supported by Cycling Champions who can be contacted for support and advice.
We run challenges year-round to get more people riding bikes. Riding a bike has significant benefits for you as an individual, our communities and our planet.
Riding a bike can help:
- prevent the decline of your immune system in the short and long-term.
- cut the risk of cancer and heart disease by 45%
- boost your mental health, helping to make you feel happier and more connected to your surroundings and less prone to depression than other forms of transport
- reduce stress and anxiety - any form of physical exercise is good for reducing stress. Cycling can help take your mind off problems, or give you a chance to think about things calmly.
- reduce traffic and pollution in our cities
- reduce your carbon footprint