Bike Month: Let's Bike Back Better!
The Government has been clear that cycling is central to the UK's recovery from the coronavirus crisis, so we want to give you something healthy, positive and fun to help you ride and encourage others to try cycling too.
We're launching Bike Month this June - we’re inviting you, your family, friends and colleagues to set yourselves a goal for how much riding you want to enjoy.
You can have several goals at once:
Your company, your bike club, and/or your group of friends, can also set a goal for how much biking you want to do collectively.
This is a great way to connect with your colleagues and friends, build some camaraderie and community, and support each other in achieving your goals.
Biking in the Coronavirus Era
Why take part?
There are a bike load of reasons to participate:
- Achieve your cycling goals - use Bike Month as motivation to enjoy riding more. Set goals, earn badges, cheer each other on, and enjoy some friendly rivalry with your friends, neighbours, and colleagues
- You want a bike-friendly world – Show your support for cycling and a healthier, happier world
- Win prizes - We've got some great prizes that you can win by participating
- Compete on leaderboards - if a little friendly competition gets your legs cranking, then we have a host of leaderboards for you to enjoy
- Enjoy building community - connect with your friends, colleagues and fellow riders. Share your stories and photos and encourage each other to enjoy riding
- Get ready for the main event - Cycle September - the Global Bike Challenge - will see workplaces worldwide competing to see which can get the most people to try riding a bike
Get yourself signed-up
How can I take part?
- As an individual
- As a group (of friends, social riding group, cycling club, etc.)
- As a workplace
- All of the above :-)
You can use one of the following apps:
- The Love to Ride app
You can also log your rides manually. This is quick to do on your profile.
Why join Love to Ride?
We know that riding a bike has huge benefits for individuals, workplaces and communities. So we provide the tools and support to help you and your friends, colleagues, and family to start riding, or to ride more often, and experience the joys and benefits of riding.
Love to Ride offers a single platform where you can keep track of your riding, find answers and resources to help you ride more confidently, win prizes for riding and encourage your friends and colleagues to ride (and win prizes for that too!).
Help us spread the love of riding by combining our platform and programmes with your enthusiasm for cycling.
Got more questions?
- Check out the Website FAQ