Get ready for our first event of 2020 - Ride Anywhere Week!
Ride anywhere, for trip purpose and record it on your Love to Ride profile to enter the prize draw.
What's it all about?
Riding a bike has significant benefits for you as an individual, our communities and our planet.
Riding a bike can help:
- prevent the decline of your immune system in the short and long-term. Physical activity helps to flush bacteria out of your lungs and airways reducing your chances of getting a cold or flu. The rise in body temperature when riding a bike also helps our bodies fight infection better.
- cut the risk of cancer and heart disease by 45%
- boost your mental health, helping to make you feel happier and more connected to your surroundings and less prone to depression than other forms of transport
- reduce stress and anxiety - any form of physical exercise is good for reducing stress. Cycling can help take your mind off problems, or give you a chance to think about things calmly.
- reduce congestion and pollution, which contributes to 40,000 premature deaths annually in the UK
- reduce cost on public health - the NHS could save billions through reduced obesity, diabetes and heart disease
How can I take part?
1. Anyone, anywhere can register for Love to Ride. You can record your mileage, set yourself goals and earn badges too.
2. Registered on Love to Ride UK? Sign-up your workplace for a Love to Ride Business programme to unlock daily prize giveaways including A BIKE A DAY during Ride Anywhere Week.
How to enter the prize draw
Love to Ride Local & Love to Ride Business members: Every day you log a ride for any purpose (around your neighbour for 10 minutes, to the park, to the store) from 23-29 March you’ll enter the daily draw.
Log your ride by 3pm the following day to go into the prize draw - winners will be announced at 5pm daily.
Follow us on Social
- For daily prize winner announcements
- exclusive prize giveaways
- and to help us grow the Love to Ride community!