What is the Tucson Bike More Challenge?
The Tucson Bike More Challenge is a fun and free competition to encourage your friends and colleagues to experience firsthand the joys and benefits of riding a bike. There are lots of fantastic prizes being offered to tempt your team, which we'll announce as the Challenge approaches!
How it works
Tucson businesses will compete against each other to see who can get the most staff to ride a bike between October 30th and November 30th, 2016.
The Tucson Bike More Challenge is using a points model to allow workplaces to compete with each other across their size category (companies only compete with other similarly sized companies - we want everyone to have a fair shot at winning!). The points system has been carefully selected to ensure a fair and exciting competition, and to strongly encourage workplaces to engage new riders if they want to climb the leaderboard and secure victory! It also now awards special bonus points to some of the core missions of the Challenge!
The Challenge is not just about who can ride the most miles, but who can encourage the most people to give bicycling a try.
Team points are simple - the sum total of all the points earned by their team members - how do you earn individual points? Well...
Users get points for mileage, number of days ridden, and number of people encouraged. Here's how you get encourager points: when someone signs up and logs their first ride for the Challenge a prompt pops up and asks them to identify whether someone in particular encourage them. If they identify you as their encourager, then you get points!
We also have some EXTRA SPECIAL BONUS points -
- New riders - DOUBLE day and mile points (Because we want to get more people riding!)
- Ride to work once - 50 points (Because riding to work is great! And we want more people to try it out and experience the benefits firsthand)
- Achieve 3 badges during the Challenge - 50 points (Grow your skills and challenge yourself!)
Why sync with Ride Report?
Here are three great reasons to download the Ride Report app:
- It logs your rides automatically! No need to press start or stop. Through the magic of technology, the app knows when you’re riding your bike and automatically logs your rides.
- Help make your city better for riding - The data collected is used by the Living Streets Alliance and their partners to inform better bike infrastructure decisions!
- Automatically go into our prize draws - Not only do you automatically share your data, but by syncing with Love to Ride you also automatically get entered to win prizes!
What are the benefits to your organization?
- Free for all employees
- Fun team-building activity
- A friendly competition between local employers and organizations (and internal departments)
- Help reduce congestion, emissions, and save people money
- Prize incentives and bragging rights
How to take part
Follow these four steps:
- Register on this website, it's free. Register here
- Ride a bike anywhere, anytime for at least 10 minutes between October 30th and November 30th.
- Record your ride here and tell your friends and coworkers about the Challenge here.
- Reward yourself and your friends by winning prizes!
Organizations and departments will compete against those of a similar size for a fair chance of winning. There are six size categories: 500+ staff, 200-499 staff, 50-199 staff, 20-49 staff, 7-19 staff, 3-6 staff.
Your participation, trips, and miles will count towards your department's and your organization's score.
Don't have a bike?
Don't worry! You can always borrow a bike from a friend or rent one from a local bike shop. If you can't find a bike to ride, let us know, and we'll see what we can do!
We're giving away some great prizes! Find out what you can win...