How to Win
You can enter the prize draw by:
2) Encouraging others to register and log rides
What you can win - NATIONAL BIKE WEEK PRIZES
RIDE: Log a ride, anywhere during Bike Week to go in the draw for:
Raleigh are giving two lucky participants the chance to win a brand new Pioneer 2. Available in either low step frame or in a crossbar frame and a choice of different colours. The Pioneer 2 is designed for comfort and practicality with an upright riding position making it perfect for leisure and commuting purposes!
Raleigh are giving three lucky participants the choice of any bike on their website up to the value of £500. It's up to you whether you choose a bike for the full value or go for a more expensive bike and pay the difference yourself. With such a large range of different bikes from e-bikes to road bikes, they'll definitely be something for everyone!
A trip for two to Amsterdam
A lucky winner will receive a trip for two to one of the great cycling cities, Amsterdam. We will pay for your return trainfare (+ bike carriage if you want to take your own wheels), 2 nights accommodation and spending money for a mini city break. Cycling is optional, but highly recommended!
We've teamed up with UPSO to give participants the chance to win beautiful handmade bags from UPSO. UPSO make one-of-a-kind, durable and waterproof bags from recycled material. If you're lucky enough to 'bag' yourself a prize from UPSO, you can guarantee that not only will you get a long lasting, good looking carrier but that you're also helping to reduce sending material to landfill.
Get kitted out for the Summer of Cycling with a range of different prizes from Rutland Cycling - an independent, family-run chain of cycle shops based in central England. The good folks at Rutland Cycling are offering participants the chance to win:
- 1 of 15 Abus Ultra 410 D-locks with cable
- 1 of 10 Bontrager Trip 100 Cycle Computers
- 1 of 30 BLOC sunglasses
Cycle Storage from CycleHoop
Cyclehoop specialise in innovative cycle parking solutions and infrastructure. Their award-winning products are designed by cyclists, for cyclists and have been installed around the world helping more cities become more cycle friendly, healthy and sustainable.
Thanks to the people at Cyclehoop we have the following cycle-storage solutions up for grabs:
ENCOURAGE: Be named as an encourager to go in the draw for:
Encourage someone to ride during Bike Week and you'll go in the draw for a £500 voucher towards a brand new bike from Raleigh.
£500 voucher for a local bike shop
How to win: Encourage your friends, family and colleagues to register for Love to Ride, log a trip and name you as their encourager to climb up the encourager leaderboard. The top 10 encouragers by the end of Bike Week will go in the draw to win £500 from a local bike shop of your choice. Get kitted up with the latest gear or invest in a new bike - the choice is yours!
INSPIRE: Share your cycling story to firstname.lastname@example.org to go in the draw for:
1 of 4 books from Penguin Books
The creative chaps at Penguin Books have generously given Love to Ride participants the chance to win 1 of 4 brand new books.
How to win: Register with Love to Ride, log a trip during the promotion and send us your inspiring cycling story to email@example.com. The 4 best stories will be shared on our blogging platform (blog.lovetoride.net) and you win one of the following books:
- Triumphs and Turbulence - Chris Boardman (signed by Boardman himself!)
- The Man and His Bike - Wildried de Jong
- The Descent - Thomas Dekker
- Indurain - Alasdair Fotheringham
LOCAL BIKE WEEK PRIZES
How to Win:
- All participants must log at least one ride during Bike Week (10th-18th June 2017) to be entered into any Bike Week prize draws.
- Prize winners will be selected at random.
- RIDE PRIZE: Each DAY cycled during Bike Week counts as one entry into the relevant prize draw.
- ENCOURAGER PRIZE: If a new registrant logs a ride during Bike Week and selects you as their 'encourager' you will get an entry into the Encourager prize draw. There is no limit to the number of people you can encourage!
- PHOTO PRIZE: There is no limit to the number of photos you can upload. Photos must be uploaded on your profile at lovetoride.net/cityconnect so other participants can be encouraged and inspired by them on the public gallery. The winning photo will be the one that receives the most 'High Fives' from other participants during Bike Week. Please remember to 'High Five' other participants to encourage them too!
- STORY PRIZE: Inspire others and 'Share the Gift of Cycling' by telling them how cycling makes your life better. Whether it's related to health, wealth, or fun and happiness we'd love to hear your story and inspire others to give cycling a try. Feel free to mention any clubs or organisations that have helped you. Please send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading 'CityConnect Bike Week Story'. Entries can be either 'Up to 300 Words of Text + Photo' or a 'Short Video Clip' (please email a link to where the video is hosted). All entries must be received no later than midnight on 18th March 2017. SIX WINNERS will be selected by Love to Ride. Entries are likely to be shared to inspire others!
REMEMBER: The more you ride, encourage and inspire, the higher your chance is of winning great prizes!
Experience the Yorkshire Dales with Yorkshire Velo Tours – 8th July 2017
One lucky winner will receive 2 places on this exclusive fully supported ride, courtesy of Yorkshire Velo Tours. With free bike checks and a dedicated support vehicle and mechanic, riders will enjoy the Yorkshire Dales in all it’s glory in the safe hands of an experienced YVT ride leader. Choose from a 104 mile route taking in four of the most iconic climbs in the UK or a shorter 85 miler if your legs aren’t quite up to all that climbing. Whichever route takes your fancy you’ll be pleased to hear there’s a top café stop involved… now we're talking! Find out more here.
How to win:
The top 3 male and female riders on our Yorkshire sites (most distance logged during Bike Week 2017) will be entered into a random prize draw and the selected winner will receive both places.