What is the Bike Easy Challenge?
The Bike Easy Challenge is a fun and free competition to encourage you, your friends and colleagues to experience the joys and benefits of riding a bike. The Challenge is not just about who can ride the most miles, but who can encourage the most people to give bicycling a try. Generous supporters and bike friendly businesses across the Greater New Orleans region are donating fantastic prizes that individuals and teams can qualify for by riding their bikes during the Bike Easy Challenge.
How it works
- You and your colleagues compete against other organizations
- The aim is to earn the most points.
- Points are earned by:
- and getting other people to ride too.
- You can ride anywhere, anytime between April 12 and May 12 to take part.
You and your workplace earn points as follows:
You earn points by riding and encouraging others to ride as per above.
Every 50 points you personally earn is another entry into the prize draw.
The more points you earn... the more chances you have of winning some great prizes!
Your team earns points for all the people you get to join your team and all the riding you all do.
The top teams in each of the 6 size categories will win prizes as well.
Why sync with Ride Report?
Here are three great reasons to download the Ride Report app:
- It logs your rides automatically! No need to press start or stop. Through the magic of technology, the app knows when you’re riding your bike and automatically logs your rides.
- Help make your city better for riding - The data collected is used by Bike Easy to inform better bike infrastructure decisions!
- Automatically go into our prize draws - Not only do you automatically share your data, but by syncing with Love to Ride you also automatically get entered to win prizes!
What are the benefits to your organization?
- Free for all employees
- Fun team-building activity
- A friendly competition between local employers and organizations (and internal departments)
- Help reduce congestion, emissions, and save people money
- Prize incentives and bragging rights
How to take part
Follow these four steps:
- Register on this website, it's free. Register here
- Ride a bike anywhere, anytime for at least 10 minutes between between April 12 and May 12, 2017.
- Record your ride here and tell your friends and coworkers about the Challenge.
- Reward yourself and your friends by winning prizes!
Organizations and departments will compete against those of a similar size for a fair chance of winning. There are six size categories: 500+ staff, 200-499 staff, 50-199 staff, 20-49 staff, 7-19 staff, 3-6 staff.
Your participation, trips, and miles will count towards your department's and your organization's score.
Don't have a bike?
Don't worry! Some options can be that you borrow a bike from a friend or rent one from a local bike shop. If you can't find a bike to ride, let us know, and we'll see what we can do!
We're giving away some great prizes! Find out what you can win...